Suggestion SCAMS on scuba diving equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Jake 10

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A repository of links that are considered SCAMS on scuba diving equipment sales in order to help or alert other divers of possible fraudulent dealings. A place where SB users can search for (like phone numbers reported as robot-calls scams) information on reported "fraudulent" business. (i.e.; scubaprosale.com)

I believe that "mwtayl" may be part of a scam....only 5 posts...last [to me?] at 0200...I checked this Sierra Diving Center staff listing and no Scott is listed as a staff member...will call the store when they open a PST 1000..

This was for USD ABS triple parts and I sent an email to this Scott with no reply...

Smells all wrong!:mad:

Perhaps the Forum Moderator or Chairman can check into this?

Thanks...Phil

StarMark unreadLeave
M

mwtayl

Registered​

Messages5Reaction score0LocationSeattle
Today at 2:34 AM
Hey, Are you still looking? email scott scxlohde@outlook.com @ Sierra Diving Center. He can help.

Like Quote Reply
W

Wallowa

Contributor​

Messages194Reaction score99LocationNE Oregon# of dives5000 - ∞
Today at 6:49 AM
Hey thanks...I got scammed once on trying to find these...and you only have 5 posts....anyway to confirm this is real?

Thanks...Phil

DSO
Quote Reply
W

Wallowa

Contributor​

Today at 7:23 AM
Hey thanks...I got scammed once on trying to find these...and you only have 5 posts....anyway to confirm this is real?

Thanks...Phil
Did not see a Scott @ Sierra Dive Center staff listing.

I believe that "mwtayl" may be part of a scam....only 5 posts...last [to me?] at 0200...I checked this Sierra Diving Center staff listing and no Scott is listed as a staff member...will call the store when they open a PST 1000..

This was for USD ABS triple parts and I sent an email to this Scott with no reply...

Thanks...Phil

StarMark unreadLeave
M

mwtayl

Registered​

Hey, Are you still looking? email scott scxlohde@outlook.com @ Sierra Diving Center. He can help.

Like Quote Reply
W

Wallowa

Contributor​

Thanks...Phil

DSO
Quote Reply
W

Wallowa

Contributor​

Thanks, and I agree that he has all the hallmarks of a scammer. He is no longer allowed on the site. Unfortunately, he'll be back under another username.

Thanks, and I agree that he has all the hallmarks of a scammer. He is no longer allowed on the site. Unfortunately, he'll be back under another username.
Yes, I am old...and there is no fool like an old fool...but I am learning, even if sometimes the hard way.. "first time shame on you; second time shame on me"... :cool:

Thanks for your actions...

Phil

Thanks...Phil

StarMark unreadLeave
M

mwtayl

Registered​

Like Quote Reply
W

Wallowa

Contributor​

Thanks...Phil

DSO
Quote Reply
W

Wallowa

Contributor​

He responded to my FS ad this morning. I checked out his name. He had 5 posts and had just joined the same day as he inquired about my BCD. Here is a link where he posted.

Earlier called Sierra Dive Center...no Scott worked there...got email below from "Scott"...see my questions and his response...many "red flags"..just filed a scam report with FCC....damn...tough to find out who and what is legitimate!

Scott,

"Please give me a reference currently working at Sierra Dive Center that I can verify with them that you worked there, and this is not a scam.

Thanks…Phil

Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2024 11:20 AM
To: Phillip Buttolph <phillipbuttolph@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted: USD Triple 30s ABS mounting blocks and straps

I am no longer at SDC.

Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2024 6:12 PM
To: 'Scott Lohde' <scxlohde@outlook.com>
Cc: phillipbuttolph@gmail.com <phillipbuttolph@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Wanted: USD Triple 30s ABS mounting blocks and straps

Scott.,

Do you work at Sierra Dive Center? My old stomping grounds.

Phil

Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2024 10:00 AM
To: Phillip Buttolph <phillipbuttolph@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted: USD Triple 30s ABS mounting blocks and straps

Hello Phillip,

Yes i have NEW mounting blocks and straps for the USD ABS triple 30cf for sale. I am asking $100 shipped. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx STANDARD/GROUND shipping to the 48 contiguous states, I do not ship to P.O. Boxes. Regular shipments will take between 3-5 business days. I will take payment via PayPal Apple Gift Card.

Payment Link: www.paypal.com/us/gifts/brands/apple

What's your shipping address?

Thanks,

Scott

thank you for sharing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom