Suggestion SCAMS on scuba diving equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Jake 10

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A repository of links that are considered SCAMS on scuba diving equipment sales in order to help or alert other divers of possible fraudulent dealings. A place where SB users can search for (like phone numbers reported as robot-calls scams) information on reported "fraudulent" business. (i.e.; scubaprosale.com)

I know there was some discussion of that site, but has anyone actually claimed they were defrauded by Scubaprosale.com?

Good question. I looked for reviews, customer experience, purchase issues but could not find any. All sites where Reviews (0)...

The trouble with scams is they are rapidly moving targets, regardless of where they are perpetrated. Mods remove the obvious ones, often reported by members or caught by SB's software tools, but it would be a major bummer for members to remove legit good deals.

I sent scubapro customer service an email asking about scubaprosale. The about us information on the site is meaningless and they are hiding their domain registration. The prices are far too cheap to be legitimate.

I sent scubapro customer service an email asking about scubaprosale. The about us information on the site is meaningless and they are hiding their domain registration. The prices are far to cheap to be legitimate.
Would scubagearlikeitwassoldfromadudesvan.com be a more accurate domain name?

I sent scubapro customer service an email asking about scubaprosale. The about us information on the site is meaningless and they are hiding their domain registration. The prices are far to cheap to be legitimate.
Yes, it certainly smells rotten. But the site is still up, no one on SB has claimed to have been scammed, and nobody can seem to find complaints through a search. This is a poor example because it just REALLY looks like a scam, but I would be reluctant to list a link as a scam based only on amateur detective work. What if we're wrong--maybe not in this case but some other?

Moreover, a list like that could become a vehicle for disgruntled customers of a legitimate but perhaps poorly run business.

here is what I found on scubaprosale.com ip information

Yes, it certainly smells rotten. But the site is still up, no one on SB has claimed to have been scammed, and nobody can seem to find complaints through a search. This is a poor example because it just REALLY looks like a scam, but I would be reluctant to list a link as a scam based only on amateur detective work. What if we're wrong--maybe not in this case but some other?

Moreover, a list like that could become a vehicle for disgruntled customers of a legitimate but perhaps poorly run business.
You have a good point !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom