Suggestion SCAMS on scuba diving equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Jake 10

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A repository of links that are considered SCAMS on scuba diving equipment sales in order to help or alert other divers of possible fraudulent dealings. A place where SB users can search for (like phone numbers reported as robot-calls scams) information on reported "fraudulent" business. (i.e.; scubaprosale.com)

Here is the reply from Scubapro, he didn’t really answer the question:

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised our official website is Scubapro.com for the Americas. We do not endorse or support any other active domains.

https://www.scubapro.com/

Sincerely,

Kevin Nguyen

Customer Service Lead

By not endorsing the site, he is saying it's not legit.

We always have to ask ourselves, "if it looks too good to be true..."

That's too bad. What was your question to Scubapro? Did you ask if Scubaprosales.com is a member of their dealer network? I would have also said I am confused whether Scubaprosales.com is affiliated with Scubapro; Scubapro's trademark lawyers would find that useful.

That's too bad. What was your question to Scubapro? Did you ask if Scubaprosales.com is a member of their dealer network? I would have also said I am confused whether Scubaprosales.com is affiliated with Scubapro; Scubapro's trademark lawyers would find that useful.
I'm surprise ScubaPro lawyers have not move for an injunction against this supposed outlet seller

I'm surprise ScubaPro lawyers have not move for an injunction against this supposed outlet seller
Maybe they're working on it and have not yet been successful.

The mislabeled images is another clue this is a lousy fraud website:
372BF554-EF1D-40DD-BC6D-575DF8D07DB2.png

A repository of links that are considered SCAMS on scuba diving equipment sales in order to help or alert other divers of possible fraudulent dealings. A place where SB users can search for (like phone numbers reported as robot-calls scams) information on reported "fraudulent" business. (i.e.; scubaprosale.com)
Your idea is well intentioned, but ultimately futile. Policing the internet is an infinite game of whack-a-mole, and only the largest search engines or CDNs (or sometimes, rarely, government agencies) have any real success, though that's very fleeting. Scubaboard members & moderators cannot compete, for many reasons.

I suggest that a better use of effort would be to educate people in how to evaluate the trustworthiness of online sales sites. For example, see: Question - $98.00 for Scubapro Hydros X ?

UK emails supposedly from SDS scuba diving superstore!!

Recently I had a “too good to be true” email land in my email inbox supposedly from SDS, offering vouchers to be redeemed against their stock, I rang SDS (because I have bought from them in the past) and the young fella on the phone confirmed it is a scam, but a rather clever one, it seems people on their mailing list are been targeted and they are at a complete loss to know how they have done so,
I just thought I should let it be known to the mainly UK divers this could effect, the shop where extremely apologetic when I rang (and frantic by the sounds of it) however I do wonder why they haven’t sent a cover email explaining this through their mailing list to help protect customers and possibly their reputation. But I’m sure there will be a reason,

Look after yourselves!!

Why buy new gear when there are so many options to buy little to no use gear for less than 50% of new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom