Scammers hitting dive shops for fraudulent Shearwater/Garmin computer purchases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one credit card that has a PIN that I chose. I have another that can ask for my zip code, some vendors only. All of them generate an email notification to my phone when charged.

Never heard of blue planet, and frankly, I have a hard time believing anything which eminates from Facebook.

If the date is correct, this is more than a month old.

Is this still going on?

Never heard of blue planet, and frankly, I have a hard time believing anything which eminates from Facebook.

If the date is correct, this is more than a month old.

Is this still going on?

Yes, as I said they were in our shop last night, and hit a shop within 30 miles of us last night for 2 computers.

From an organizational benefit, it would be much easier to do this as a Google Forms/Google Sheet setup, where you use a form to input data about a stolen item, and it feeds into a Google Sheet that could be programatically organized and queried. Not sure what integration would look like on the Scubaboard side, but it would be much easier in terms of data management.
So everyone should register their dive computer with scubaboard nerds.

LOL.

December 10th.

You said you didn’t believe it was real because it was reported on FB. An actual news article was provided for proof. Guess you think all the Midwest dive shops that have been visited by the scammers in the last week or two are just lying through their teeth?

Blue Planet is an active dive shop in Northern VA, right outside DC. I've been there several times, they are good people.

Back
Top Bottom