Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic (East Coast)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics, CoolTech! I have only seen one seahorse in all my diving at BHB. I want to see more! What time is everyone arriving at the bridge tomorrow?
Hi tide is 9:42 AM. We'll be in the water at 9:00 AM

It is unfortunate that I have such a crappy video card on my $300 laptop. If I want to crop the pictures for the web, my program automatically attempts to "enhance" them in the process.

I will post the ones that came out (plenty more than these ten) when I get back to my home PC. But, you get the idea of the macro in the mean time :D

Nice to meet you all today. Thanks for making my son, Kurtis and me feel welcome. Great food everyone. Especially Cooltech's shredded pork sandwiches.
Theresa, awesome photos; I really like the Blenny and the Moon Jelly. Good to see you and Mr Lee again so soon.
Thanks. I owe the recipe inspiration to Kbeck!

I'm sorry things were moving so fast. I would have liked to talk with you and a lot more people there for a longer period of time (hacking duty on turkey calls...)

Even with my crappy laptop video card, Theresa's pics look great! :wink:

Thanks Jim, for being the man behind the plan...
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:, man behind the plan...

Hey, I just thought, "Heck, I'm going to be in town and diving BHB. I bet some others might like to get together for a picnic...". I'm happy everyone had such a good time. I plan to do it, tide permitting, next year too. I got tanks filled at ForceE after the get together and talked with them about the event. They asked me why I didn't tell them about it before. Since I am a regular, and some of the employees know me, and are also on the board... Hmmm, maybe next year we can add some umph to the get together... Who knows... ?

kudos to Walter, for cooking up a storm. Those pigeons will know to stay away from us next year! :chicken:
I have to definitely second that one! Those birds were fantastic! It was only after the fact I learned we popped Walter's turkey cherry. this was the first time Walter fried a turkey (in the literal sense anyway). I understand he did a lot of research, and even ensured that Peanut oil wasn't used in case there was an allergy problem!

Huge kudos to Walter! Our new designated Turkey (guy) :D. I also want to thank Truck1. He's been cooking the turkeys for all events at VB for a while and graciously offered some great advice and his injection recipe! Thanks Ronnie (See, I know the real name) :cool2:

Nice pix Cooltech. Would that be a juvenile Grey Angel or juvenile French?
That is actually a juvenile Grey Angel. The juvenile French Angel's rounded tail has a yellow border that forms an oval.

Whew! Feels like a test :D

Jim, great pics... where did you find those your seahorses? :blinking: Mine was on the piling way out by the boat lane, past the boats. And what is that on pics 5 and 6, a cowrie?
First two... One on the mooring line of the green sailboat (southwest side just before entering the bridge channel)... One on a file of debris 10' from the mooring line

#3 - Northeast of the bridge on a deeper wrecked boat section that is rarely travelled in 21' of water

Very good eye... Yes, that is a Cowrie! That's the second time I've been able to shoot a Cowrie at BHB. Some one else was right there to get some shots too. I hope they got some good ones!

Here ya go;
Next year, the Saturday after Thanksgiving will be November 28th.

2009-11-28 16:45 EST 2.98 feet High Tide

We can do an afternoon dive, then enjoy dinner on the Intercoastal. :D

By candlelight. :)
That is a partial plan... The park closes at dusk. Diving at that time would end the dive right around dusk (That's cool)

If we have the picnic during the day, we need to be cleaned up and out before we get in the water.

On the other hand, if we hold the dive and then have a place for for the party afterwards... We can all enjoy talking about the dives and have a great after dive get together too... :cool2:

I vote for the second option and can begin lobbying for the location tomorrow (Like I really need to twist her arm :rofl3: )

Hmmm..... how old are you again? :marvel:

I had an absolutely terrific time hanging out with everyone! Kudos to Jim & Krista for getting this started & allowing me to stay with them last night. MUCH better than trekking over to the west coast to dive in 60 degree water. I couldn't/wouldn't do that even with a 7mm. :shakehead: Food was delicious- Walter cooks a mean turkey! Oh, & letterboy is....enduring.

:eek:uttahere
Allowing you to stay here (like I have a say in it... :rofl3: )is a breath of fresh air (no, really, I mean it :D )

Yeah, that's the word "I" would choose... :rofl3:

Endearing, that's all I get from you? Endearing hmph...

I had a great time today folks, you all made Wes feel welcome, he hasn't shutup about how welcome you guys made him feel!

Again thanks for a great five and great fellowship!
Posted via Mobile Device
That happens when you make the new guy peel potatoes! :rofl3:

John, it was nice to finally meet you! Keep your friggin' hands off my PDA! :rofl3:

Ha! I outlasted "all-ya-all"!

See everyone in the morning to do it all over again!

What a great day!! Fabulous dive, great people.. sorry we had to run, my buddy had to get home to his wife and child. Here's some pics...

Wow, great pics... the moon jelly looks like it was chomped a bit :( poor thing.

Thanks for sharing.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom