Santa Rosa the 18th of Feb......how to stay warm????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to wear a wetsuit. That's the bottom line. I have a new 7mm I'm gonna try out. I'll be ok in the water. I usually just try to stay in the water, but I have a lot of paper work to do this weekend and I bet I'll be out a lot more than I want to be.

What tips do you have for keeping warm water on hand....in the car or somewhere. I know Don did this last time I was there with him.

Usually what I do, as some other people have already mentioned, is immediately get out of the water and peel my suit down to my waist, dry off with a towel, and put a sweat shirt on. What cools you down on cooler days is the wetsuit holding moisture to your boddy and it cooling down. My legs are usually fiine, it's my core that gets me cold.

you could put some hot water from the showers into a thermos between dives so that you can get out and put it down your wetsuit?

Yep. That will work. Thanks.

I like this approach...!!
robint:
yes, there is hot water in the showers now. It is a big help with students and wetsuits in the winter. I found that as soon as everyone got out of the water they could run to the showers and turn them on warm, stand in them and take off the wetsuit, then dry off and dress in sweatsuits.... then do the reverse right before getting back into the water. It seemed to help.
or this - which I've used a lot myself, with warm beverages...
Usually what I do, as some other people have already mentioned, is immediately get out of the water and peel my suit down to my waist, dry off with a towel, and put a sweat shirt on. What cools you down on cooler days is the wetsuit holding moisture to your boddy and it cooling down. My legs are usually fiine, it's my core that gets me cold.

you could put some hot water from the showers into a thermos between dives so that you can get out and put it down
your wetsuit?​

Forecast has improved for my Balmorhead dives a little, not for y'all's - sory.
medium-smiley-103.gif

scubajoh44:
What tips do you have for keeping warm water on hand....in the car or somewhere. I know Don did this last time I was there with him.

I'll bring a propane camp stove and water, seems to work the best. Just dilute with colder water to get the dumping temp you like! Then just use the hot for hot chocolate, etc.

Wish I had one of those! I'll bring a thermos and go to the showers though.....(when I have to get out)

Y'all have fun. I'm a student, not a trainer, so my buddy and I just bailed. Rescheduled Balmohea for March 25, still on for Santa Rosa March 31 I guess. :wink:

scubajoh44:
Wish I had one of those! I'll bring a thermos and go to the showers though.....(when I have to get out)

We'll share!!

at least on Sunday......

Cool. Thanks. I'll be lookin for you. I'm wearing a black wetsuit with pink and yellow stripes onthe arms and waist. Look for me. We usually finish up pretty early Sunday.

I'm going to Balmorhea on March 4-5.

Anybody making it down to the Blue Hole this weekend that need a dive buddy? Mine bailed on me and I really need to blow some bubbles this weekend. :) Let me know and we'll make arrangements to meet up on Saturday or Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom