Santa Rosa the 18th of Feb......how to stay warm????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and Don,..... I almost missed you on this thread too. You look different up on that run'in horse. ;0)

I noticed that you will be at Balmorhea March 4/5. If I miss you this weekend we'll try to meet up that weekend as I'll be there working an open water class.

Sounds good. I'm not working that weekend (Mar 4) so I'll have a little more free time. Hope to see you at the Hole.

So,

Went out to Blue Hole on Sunday. Took off from ABQ about 7:30am, temp reading in my truck was 36 degrees. Got to Blue hole 1.5 hours later and the temp is reading 28 degrees, slightly cloudy with some breeze. The weather did warm up a bit thru the day and turned out to be a fairly nice day, considering it's still winter.

Couldn't find Jo, but James (amascuba) was waiting for us. Nice to meet you James, it was fun diving with you. We had about 8 people total and had a nice time diving and shooting the breeze during the SI. Shared some eats, the propane warmed tent and good converation.

See you all next time!!

I had a blast! Just the type of dive buddies that I've been looking for. I'll see you in march.

ABQdiver:
So,

Went out to Blue Hole on Sunday. Took off from ABQ about 7:30am, temp reading in my truck was 36 degrees. Got to Blue hole 1.5 hours later and the temp is reading 28 degrees, slightly cloudy with some breeze. The weather did warm up a bit thru the day and turned out to be a fairly nice day, considering it's still winter.

Couldn't find Jo, but James (amascuba) was waiting for us. Nice to meet you James, it was fun diving with you. We had about 8 people total and had a nice time diving and shooting the breeze during the SI. Shared some eats, the propane warmed tent and good converation.

See you all next time!!

I'm really wanting to dive, but it just did not work this weekend. When RU headed out again. I assume the third weekend in March?

Glad you had a good dive dispite the coldish conditions. Kent got a new Drysuit, so I KNOW he is going to want to get down their soon.

RonFrank:
I'm really wanting to dive, but it just did not work this weekend. When RU headed out again. I assume the third weekend in March?

Glad you had a good dive dispite the coldish conditions. Kent got a new Drysuit, so I KNOW he is going to want to get down their soon.
Yep! Might sneak over for a couple of dives on Friday March 3, but don't know for sure about that one. Definitely the third Sunday of each month.

I traded PMs with Kent about the drysuit. I know he will enjoy the Bare!!

See ya soon.

BTW, when are you getting the D-200?

Hmmmm. I was there. Boy, was it cold!!!! I didn't see anyone either, but wasn't really sure who I was looking for.

ABQ.....was that your big white tent just in front of the Hole? If so, I was parked right beside you all day Saturday. We left Sunday around 9:00 a.m.

Amascuba....what type/color of fins do you wear?

ABQdiver:
Yep! Might sneak over for a couple of dives on Friday March 3, but don't know for sure about that one. Definitely the third Sunday of each month.

I traded PMs with Kent about the drysuit. I know he will enjoy the Bare!!

See ya soon.

BTW, when are you getting the D-200?

Yeah, Kent just HAD to one up me in the drysuit catagory :D Sounds like he should be happy with this one, I think it's the same suit you use, and he got some custom tailoring done.. it actually would fit me well I think :wink:

On the D200 front, I have some equipment I need to sell, however I could not get one if I wanted to without over paying :11doh: Typical Nikon product launch, rush it to market, but they can't keep up with demand. From my observations, they have NOT put out a second batch of these things. Likely has to do with an initial banding issue that while minor, turned up in a number of early models. Now with the thanks of the web a large % of D200 owners have convinced themselves that their camera has the issue, even if I have seen little evidence of the problem in most of the examples posted.

I'm in no rush. I should have one by June I think. I need to update some of my lenses as well.. sigh... it just never ends.

The housings are going to set me back as much as the camera, and while I'd LOVE to get a DSLR UW, I'm still a bit on the fence about spending so much for a housing that I will effectively get to use a couple times a year. However, knowing my habits, I'll likey end up with an Ikelite. I picked up an Ikelite SS200 for a couple hundred bucks a month or so back with the thought of using it for the DSLR. It's kinda like mounting a nuclear missle on a Volkswagon bug to put that thing on my S70 setup, but that could happen :14:

I'll be discussing when we want to get down to the hole again with Kent. It's just too expensive, and a long drive to do alone. Definately sometime in March.

scubajoh44:
Hmmmm. I was there. Boy, was it cold!!!! I didn't see anyone either, but wasn't really sure who I was looking for.

ABQ.....was that your big white tent just in front of the Hole? If so, I was parked right beside you all day Saturday. We left Sunday around 9:00 a.m.

Amascuba....what type/color of fins do you wear?

Kevin arrived at the hole (according to his post) on 9:00am Sunday morning, he was not there Saturday. He is close enough to the hole to do a day trip unlike some of us :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom