San Diego BC's Weekend Aug 23rd/24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'll join in this! Count me in tentatively for at least the saturday boat. There's a motel 6 a few miles away on the freeway that's only 90 a night. It's really cheap, they don't even have alarm clocks. Anything around la jolla shores is going to be pretty pricey. My dive shop uses Hotel La Jolla at ridiculously cheap rates because one of the divers/DMs is refurnishing the hotel. That hotel is walking distance (2 blocks) from La Jolla Shores and I know that the normal price for that hotel is suppose to be like 300 a night or so. During the U.S. open, they booked up at 600 a night. If that's any indication of prices around the shores, your best bet is probably staying out of LA Jolla all together for a hotel.

Do we have younger divers who have good friends at UCSD that will allow a bunch of divers to crash at their apartments?! ha ha ha!

I think I'll join in this! Count me in tentatively for at least the saturday boat. There's a motel 6 a few miles away on the freeway that's only 90 a night. It's really cheap, they don't even have alarm clocks. Anything around la jolla shores is going to be pretty pricey. My dive shop uses Hotel La Jolla at ridiculously cheap rates because one of the divers/DMs is refurnishing the hotel. That hotel is walking distance (2 blocks) from La Jolla Shores and I know that the normal price for that hotel is suppose to be like 300 a night or so. During the U.S. open, they booked up at 600 a night. If that's any indication of prices around the shores, your best bet is probably staying out of LA Jolla all together for a hotel.

Do we have younger divers who have good friends at UCSD that will allow a bunch of divers to crash at their apartments?! ha ha ha!

Brian that aint a half bad idea. Any one willing to let a bunch of divers crash down there?? :) I think i will end up splitting hotel costs

I have a 5-7 person tent that I may be willing to set up in my back yard for a few people.....

I have a 5-7 person tent that I may be willing to set up in my back yard for a few people.....

Okay, so our gear is protected... but where do we sleep?

Haha i would be willing to sleep in a tent :D it would be camping. Actualy that did cross my mind if there where any campgrounds near by. I have my own tent and sleeping bag. :D I'm looking for the most inexpensive lodging. :) I always liked camping. Leave gear in back of truck locked up :D

What you dont like the camping idea :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom