Salvo versus Halcyon: Solved.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek S:
Scott -

Was the scooter engine incident(s) before, during, or after Barry's employ with Halcyon? If his ethics were never high caliber, why was he brought into the fold in the first place? A person with questionable moral fiber who happens to make good dive lights is still a person with questionable moral fiber, regardless.

I'm not being argumentative, I just want to know the history behind all of this.

When EE was started, this lower level of crap was about as good as you could expect in northern florida. a funnier question is, where did he get all his mail order expertise.

NWGratefulDiver:
Thank you Lamont ... that's really what I've been trying to convey.

Neither Salvo nor Halcyon is going to "win" this one ... no matter what happens. Continuing to pursue Salvo through civil channels, as JJ said he planned to do, is ... to quote his friend ... farm animal stupid. He'd be doing himself a huge favor to just let go of it at this point, and try to compete with Salvo through superior products and service.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

litigation is a strategic part of business in the US, particluarly for companies this size where recovering even a trivial amount matters.

surlynkid:
when will every one realize that i do not and have never worked for halcyon, GUE, or any place else in the dive industry.
Click this link ... note the names ...

http://www.wkpp.org/procedures.htm

Then click Contacts ... note the names ...

Then click Sponsors ... note the names ...

You may not be an employee of Halcyon, but there's no doubt that you have links and loyalties to that side of the issue. As a WKPP member ... and if you want to remain so ... your loyalties are first and foremost to the people who run that organization.

And, as you posted on The Deco Stop in an earlier thread, you HAVE made money on eBay as a reseller of Halcyon products.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

RTodd:
When EE was started, this lower level of crap was about as good as you could expect in northern florida. a funnier question is, where did he get all his mail order expertise.

Damn, I guess I was just living at the wrong place at the wrong time. [joeybagadougnuts] Stuff like that doesn't fly up here in NY. People get "disappeared" for less. [/joeybagadougnuts] :wink:

I'm trustworthy, hardworking and honest, anybody in cave country wanna give me a job? :14:

surlynkid:
isn't calling JJ FAS a violation of the ToS??
Actually, I didn't call JJ FAS ... I said pursuing this issue would be FAS.

And there's a distinction (not really difficult to see) between calling a person stupid and calling an action stupid. The former is a violation of ToS ... the latter is not.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Click this link ... note the names ...

http://www.wkpp.org/procedures.htm

Then click Contacts ... note the names ...

Then click Sponsors ... note the names ...

You may not be an employee of Halcyon, but there's no doubt that you have links and loyalties to that side of the issue. As a WKPP member ... and if you want to remain so ... your loyalties are first and foremost to the people who run that organization.

And, as you posted on The Deco Stop in an earlier thread, you HAVE made money on eBay as a reseller of Halcyon products.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

right, and you don't have an axe to grind. Wanna take a vote on whether people would like dive related information from one of the original team members or a dsm who is upset with Halcyon?

Derek S:
I'm trustworthy, hardworking and honest, anybody in cave country wanna give me a job? :14:

sorry, third grade eduction is the maximum.

what difference could any of this possibly make to me as a diver?

it's just dive companies airing dirty linen

RTodd:
sorry, third grade eduction is the maximum.

:D

Thanks, I needed that...

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

very, very unique one time situation that you very clearly know does not make me a halcyon dealer. i explained that scenario very clearly at TDS and you know it.

yes, i dive with WKPP. but many assume i work for halcyon, make money off of halcyon and GUE, etc. i wish they would send me a check. that would be nice. hell, i wish i got employee pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom