Salvo versus Halcyon: Solved.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OneBrightGator:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd rather have dinner with Bob over any original member of the WKPP, at least he'd be cordial.

This whole thing, from start to finish, including this and every other thread like it, sucks.

we're all cordial at the Ho. :D i just stop at BK first.

and it just shows how much divers are so much missing the actual dives that they just hang around here in SB and participate in Salvo Vs. Halcyon discussion to cover up their NOT DIVING today

hey i dive this coming weekend.......... just waiting for saturday (the majority of the PPDs are off to PG except for Mike Veitcht)

so go on show how much you guys "are not diving today" and posts some more here liek debating the salvo Vs. halcyon has any merit to the courts decision .

show how much ego you have..... :D

in the perfect world Halcyon would monopolize DIR and JJ would be a saint. in the not so perfect world (REALITY) well here we are Scubaboard with nothing else to do than see who has better rhetoric.

the MOF/NMOF Thread still rules !

surlynkid:
ahem.......i did not post dsm. i only informed someone what the acronym was. i did not call anyone anything. i answered bob's question, so leave me out of it.

you sure you want to be left out now ?

paolov:
and it just shows how much divers are so much missing the actual dives that they just hang around here in SB and participate in Salvo Vs. Halcyon discussion to cover up their NOT DIVING today

hey i dive this coming weekend.......... just waiting for saturday (the majority of the PPDs are off to PG except for Mike Veitcht)

so go on show how much you guys "are not diving today" and posts some more here liek debating the salvo Vs. halcyon has any merit to the courts decision .

show how much ego you have..... :D

in the perfect world Halcyon would monopolize DIR and JJ would be a saint. in the not so perfect world (REALITY) well here we are Scubaboard with nothing else to do than see who has better rhetoric.

the MOF/NMOF Thread still rules !

....we wouldn't have responsibilities and so forth and we could all live on on a warm coast line and go diving every day. Until we get sent to the great blue ocean in the after life, we will just have to debate here on scuba board. Kind of sad isn't it (especially for us land locked souls). Oh well....one of these days.....

lamont:
As a customer, its way more drama that I want to hear about from someone I'm doing business with as an explanation for why I have to wait for 2 months for a repair.

Lamont, are you honestly saying that someone from HALCYON told you that it took 2 months to repair your light because of Barry Miller? If so, who?
The OP has nothing to do with Halcyon, and started the thread with a post about Barry Miller's statement. I didn't see anyone who works for Halcyon on here saying that the stuff with Barry caused a delay in repairs. So unless you are projecting a different issue, or are confusing someone on here as making statements as a halcyon rep, I assume that you called halcyon and they told you this personally?
Your statement of "its way more drama that I want to hear about from someone I'm doing business with" would imply so. Who from the company you're doing business with told you this?

cmalinowski:
Volumes that the court pretty much made him speak. Barry is better at PR, but that doesn't make him any less of a criminal and a thief. I think his actions speak volumes about what kind of man he is. He's a criminal man.

I wasn't saying, by our laws, that he isn't a criminal. I was saying that it is hard to step up, be a man and admit you were wrong. It takes balls to step up and make a public admission, whether the courts say you're wrong or right. Many criminals have been convicted and claim they alre innocent all the way to the electric chair. Some of them found innocent after the switch is thrown. I am not one to be on anyone's side in this case because I don't know whether JJ promised him the 1% or not and I'm not going to speculate. None-the-less, I do wonder how many people would do the same thing? I wonder if you took an anonymous poll, how many would take what they thought they were entitled to. Looking back on history, a lot worse things than theft has occured due to a person going back on his word. I believe the biggest lesson learned by Barry is that in this day and age, a man's word is no longer valuable. Get it down in writing unless you want the shaft. You can vote with your wallet either way and I got a feeling I'm going to buy both Halcyon and Salvo, depending on what I'm looking for at the time. For now, we know that Barry says he was wrong, he admits it, he is paying for it and that's that.

cmalinowski:
didn't the TDS one get closed.

It did because a poster started comparing appropriation with vice crimes and it came close to a smearing campaign.....

Meng_Tze:
It did because a poster started comparing appropriation with vice crimes and it came close to a smearing campaign.....

i asked to try to delineate which crimes people think are serious enough to not support a convicted criminal. obviously, $150K felony theft is a misdemeanor in many TDS members' eyes. i wanted to know at what point the crime would be significant enough to register merit. i think that is a fair question.

well, it's irrelevant

he does the crime, he does the time, so what?

i am going to do business with his company based on what's in it for me as a
consumer, end of story

now, if you are talking about the company engaging in illegal activities,
such as, for example, violating child labor laws, that's an entirely
different issue

but as for the owner of the company's criminal record? who cares... give it a rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom