Sad News Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know that I have met Correy, but AnyWater is my LDS and Monastery almost was the end of me. Now I will never ever dive there. I pray for his family.

I don't think we can blame this on Monastery.
Yesterday's forecast was about as benign as it can get:

.TODAY...S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SW IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 3 TO 4 FT AT 10 SECONDS.
PATCHY FOG.

I didn't know him but have lost fellow divers close to me, It sucks!
Condolences to family and friends.

This is incredibly sad. My wife and I went out on the Cypress Sea in June with Phil and Corey -
he was as nice and conscientious as any deck hand I've ever been on a boat with. He's
the reason I still have my DC600 - it had floated away while I was helping untangle my wife.
When I surfaced he spotted the edge of the strobe from the bow and helped me navigate to it.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, co-workers and others whom Corey
touched.

Tragic, really tragic. :-(

This excerpt is from http://www.montereyherald.com/ci_13175637

Since 2004, 15 divers have died in Monterey County waters at spots including Point Lobos, Lovers Point in Pacific Grove and San Carlos Beach near Cannery Row, according to the Divers Alert Network medical research department. Two deaths reportedly occurred at Monastery Beach in that time period.

15 deaths in 5 years? Isn't that unusually high?

So sorry to hear of this. Had met him a couple of times a the shop. Seemed like a fine young man. My condolences to family and friends.

Thank You everyone for posting such kind and thoughtful comments about my little brother. I knew he was good at what he did and am very proud of him. hearing all these brief stories from everyone lightens the fog a bit cause i can see how many of you care. if you have any pictures or more stories you would like to share please do i would love to see more of Correy in the midst of things. Thank you all so much.

Thank You everyone for posting such kind and thoughtful comments about my little brother. I knew he was good at what he did and am very proud of him. hearing all these brief stories from everyone lightens the fog a bit cause i can see how many of you care. if you have any pictures or more stories you would like to share please do i would love to see more of Correy in the midst of things. Thank you all so much.

PM sent.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Jarrod,

I am deeply saddened about your brothers passing.. My heart is very heavy... I have known Corey for a few years and watched him develop his diving skills and excitement about the underwater world. I first met him by staying with his room mate Trisha at the time...I had to catch an AM boat. He was alot of fun and would tell me that he wanted to improve his diving to eventually study archeology in caves. I was always greeted with a smile by him at the shop... although he had to work alot, he was always interested in my dives, and would tell me about his dives... He would scream out my name in the shop and I would scream back his name... all in joking fun.... He will be missed... My deepest condolenses to your family...you will be in my prayers. Rest in Peace Corey!!! We will not forget you!!!

Dionna

Back
Top Bottom