Sad News Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocWong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was at Any Water Sports in San Jose today and got the bad news that Corey, one of the friendliest guys you'll ever meet, who worked there, died today in Monterey diving.

All the details are sketchy, except that he was diving with two other divers when this happened.

I can't process this right now; I was at the shop talking with him two days ago!

I hope there will be an opportunity for the local diving community to share with his family how much he meant to us all.

My deepest sympathies to his family.

Oh my sympathies to all his friends and family. That sucks..

Here's the text from the Herald: (the link above doesn't work)

Diver found dead off Monastery Beach

The Monterey County Herald
Updated: 08/20/2009 11:35:20 AM PDT

A 22-year-old male scuba diver has died in the waters off Carmel's Monastery Beach this morning.
Rescue workers tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate the man, after he was towed to shore at about 10 a.m. The man was diving with two other men. All three were "very experienced" divers according to a state park official.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom