Sad News Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

short and brief currently..

Correy's Service will be at
1pm Saturday 29th of august
Family Community Church
478 piercy rd 95138
408 365 0313 for more information

Thanks for the info.

Jarred.. I Want you to know your brother was/is A diving icon!!

A few weeks ago I was on the boat with a photo student of mine, As always your brother was there to help us with our gear and our cameras!!

Correy was one of the best...

I have been on the boat with him many times, I will miss him and never forget what a great person he IS!

Hi, I'm Joe Fedor, Correy Fedor's Dad,as you all have probably heard, my son, Correy Fedor has died in a scuba diving accident on Thursday, August 20, 2009. My other 2 sons, Jarred & Preston & I met up with Frank, Scott & Ginny yesterday, Sunday. They thoroughly went over the details of the dive with us,answering many questions we had, you can see the pain in their faces & the sorrow in their voices as they spoke to us. They also were kind enough to walk us through a typical work day for Correy when he was working at their shop. They are TRULY gifted individuals & the rest of our family need them to know that we love them like family & in no way harbor any blame or resentment towards them. Correy loved diving & these people at Any Water sports fueled his passion. Diving, as many other sports can be dangerous, but those who love these sports make themselves as safe as possible, with their gear & training, but accidents do happen.I've learned sooo much since my sons death about the family of divers, I truly want to THANK YOU all for your kind comments & notes about our son Correy. My purpose here in writing today is more about the support that Frank, Scott, Ginny & others need right now about coping with my sons loss. PLEASE call them, email them, better yet stop in & give them a comfort hug, this is a time for all divers to come together as the unique family you all are. My son Correy is with them, in spirit & would want nothing less for Frank, Scott & Ginny to feel & know his love & support for them is strong!
THANK YOU Frank, Scott & Ginny & many others for helping our son do what he LOVED best, Diving.

With great LOVE & Admiration
The Fedor Family

I took beginning and advanced scuba with Correy at West Valley, and went on many dives with him as a buddy. He was always a great guy, enjoyed a good falafel and looooved diving. He even switched bunks with me so I wouldn't have to climb in the top bunk every night on our Channel Islands trip in '06, always the gentleman. I wish I had kept in touch over the last year, I miss him so much and my condolences go out to his parents, brothers and friends.

-Liz Sandstrom

I'm deeply saddened about the news about Correy. I was at AWS at the same time as Doc Wong, we saw that a number of the employees were upset, but at the time neither of us knew the extent of the tragedy. I met Correy about 3 years earlier when he answered my craigslist ad for a drysuit for sale. He came by my office and tried the drysuit on and it fit him perfectly. When I reconnected with him a few months ago at AWS, he instantly recognized me and told me he put another 100 or so dives on the drysuit before it was retired. At the shop he was always so friendly and helpful I can tell he's a dive junkie like myself and he will be sorely missed. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Ericson Reduta

My deepest sympathy to all his family and friends.

D

What a sad story. Condolences to all who knew him.

Have any details come out about what actually happened in the water? Any lessons for the rest of us to learn?

What a sad story. Condolences to all who knew him.

Have any details come out about what actually happened in the water? Any lessons for the rest of us to learn?

Hey Chris, from the newspaper accounts, he was diving with Frank Berry and Scott Chapel. The plan was to dive to 225. They got to 250 and at 190' Frank turned around and Corey was gone.

Get your Dive on : ) thank you to all. call in and chat it up with everyone at any water cause they are still hurting as well. i met some extremely kind people today and all i can do is smile to the gratious stories that i have been told as of late. everyone is so wonderull thank you thank you.

Hey Chris, from the newspaper accounts, he was diving with Frank Berry and Scott Chapel. The plan was to dive to 225. They got to 250 and at 190' Frank turned around and Corey was gone.

Thanks Doc...

But I am afraid we are all beating /killing ourselves to know why/What...

Correy knew his stuff,So we all are trying not too ask, But we Need to know what happened that so many of us lost a great Friend/diver???:depressed:

Get your Dive on : ) thank you to all. call in and chat it up with everyone at any water cause they are still hurting as well. i met some extremely kind people today and all i can do is smile to the gratious stories that i have been told as of late. everyone is so wonderull thank you thank you.

Thanks, we will! I'm on the Cypress Sea tomorrow and hopefully we'll have some good diving weather! I'll be doing each dive in honor of Correy! I'm sure he'll be with us in spirit down there.

Back
Top Bottom