Sad News Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I didn't know Correy very well, this one is somewhat personal compared to all the other articles I've run into. I never really got to know him, but I interacted with him during most of my recent visits to the shop.

He was always friendly and hospitable every time I visited AWS. The last time I talked to him, I was on my way back from my solo dive at the Breakwater in June and stopped in to get nitrox fills. When I wanted to pass time by watching the Hunt for Red Treasure DVD, he offered some movies from his personal collection. I also remember buying a backup light from him last January when he was a new member of AWS. In fact, he was the person behind the counter during just about all my visits since he started. I wish I had at least once chopped up a conversation with him, seems like he was someone cool to talk to.

I know it's a difficult time for the ones closest to him and I hope they will get through this and find closure.

Last edited:
My condolences to Jerrod and your family.
While I didn't know Corey personally I have been on the Cypress sea with him. Any loss to the dive community is a sad one, to lose one as close to this community doubly so.
My prayers are with you and your family this day.

Hi Jarrod,

I am deeply saddened about your brothers passing.. My heart is very heavy... I have known Corey for a few years and watched him develop his diving skills and excitement about the underwater world. I first met him by staying with his room mate Trisha at the time...I had to catch an AM boat. He was alot of fun and would tell me that he wanted to improve his diving to eventually study archeology in caves. I was always greeted with a smile by him at the shop... although he had to work alot, he was always interested in my dives, and would tell me about his dives... He would scream out my name in the shop and I would scream back his name... all in joking fun.... He will be missed... My deepest condolenses to your family...you will be in my prayers. Rest in Peace Corey!!! We will not forget you!!!

Dionna
Dionna thank you so much for posting. i never doubted that my lil brother was kind, it is just so nice to hear it through so many other people. The calling out names across the shop thing is hilarious reading that made me laugh so thank you again for that one as well. He seemed to be content with the life and seemed like he knew his path i am so glad you got to meet him.

Thank You everyone for posting such kind and thoughtful comments about my little brother. I knew he was good at what he did and am very proud of him. hearing all these brief stories from everyone lightens the fog a bit cause i can see how many of you care. if you have any pictures or more stories you would like to share please do i would love to see more of Correy in the midst of things. Thank you all so much.

I had a brief encounter with Correy on the Cypress Sea on Sunday, August 2nd--just three weeks ago. This morning I was looking for a boat charter for next month when I will be in CA again when I saw the notice about Correy on the Cypress Sea website. I must tell you that I was shocked and saddened by the news. Your brother was simply a "great guy" because anyone meeting him could instantly see that. The dive community has lost a fine young man.

After seeing your post, I went back and looked at my dive photos and movies from the trip. We spotted whales on the way out to our first dive and on the way to the second site, Phil stopped the boat so that we could enjoy a mother and her pup swimming amongst the kelp. In one of my movies, you can see Correy attaching the air fill whip to a tank. Here is the link to that movie.

We will miss him.

Harley Myler
Beaumont, TX

Deepest sympathies to the Fedor family. This is a blow to the diving community, but moreso to your family. I hope that, in some way, your family is able to make peace with Corey's untimely passing. Warmest wishes to you all, and to those divers who are so profoundly affected by this news.

short and brief currently..

Correy's Service will be at
1pm Saturday 29th of august
Family Community Church
478 piercy rd 95138
408 365 0313 for more information

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom