Sad News Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree..was correy a dive master?...he was so young ,,,this is so tragic..i know we can all learn in some way from this..I know Correy would like us to learn if we can from this tragic event...i don't think conditions at monestary were suposed to be bad today..

Correy was such a nice guy. Twenty two years old with his whole life ahead of him. I never dove with him but we talked about it every time we met in the shop; he was always busy with work or school. He was working towards a career in Marine Archeology. He worked at Monterey Bay Aquarium as an Assistant instructor with the Underwater Explorers Program. He was a deck hand on the Cypress Sea and took care of the tech divers at Anywater Dive Shop, and was working on his own tech credentials. I'm sure there are lots of people who knew him better than me, and I didn't know his family but it must be awful for them tonight. My prayers and condolences to them all. So tragic. MPM

Last edited:
My deepest sympathy to his friends and family.

Here's a snippet more info from 22-year-old diver dies off Monastery Beach, Carmel | The Salinas Californian:

"Fedor was diving with two experienced partners when they lost contact with him for unknown reasons and found him sometime later floating on the surface."

I hope we get more information to learn from this. Just this afternoon I was chatting with a DM about calling Monastery dives for conditions. Then I read this thread. Very sad. (I also heard Monastery was flat today, but who knows what was going on underneath.)

My condolences to his family. I read a post elsewhere stating he is survived by his mother and two brothers. I don't know what other family he has. Many people will miss him.

I am so sad. He helped me a lot when I was at the AWS shop many times. Very nice guy and I will miss him. I remember I bought semi dry suit recently and he helped me zip up, trimmed the hood and seal the seam. May he rest in peace and my deepest condolences to his family.

I knew Correy as well...

Monestary....

I am so sorry for the lose of this great person/diver..

I will say no more.

I am sorry to all that knew and loved/liked him..

Monestary again...:shakehead:

I was shocked when I saw the post by Doc Wong... I literally went into denial, because I just spoke to him on Monday of this week. He had just converted my tanks to Nitrox and never hesitated to answer all my questions on diving...

He is one of the reasons I started commuting from Hayward to AWS for my scuba needs. He made my every trip seem worth the drive for his support and knowledge of the sport...

AWS is going to suffer a lot with their loss of such a prodigy. I feel for Frank the owner and his wife and Laura and Chris, they are his close work friends they most be in a lot of pain...

To his family and other close friends our prayers are with you...

I will miss your warm smile that you always showed me everytime I came to the shop...

My heartfelt condolences to his friends and family..very sad.

Drew

Chris Cook, PADI Staff Instructor & Manager, Sports Chalet Dive Center, Vacaville, Ca called me in Tampa yesterday and told me of Correy's passing. This is truly SAD news, my hearts and go out to his family. God Bless you all and dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom