Roller Bag Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While all these "brand name" bags are nice and dandy for a hefty price, I am a fan of inexpensive yet rugged bags that will do the job for 5-6 years, yet you don't care if they get damage. Also all the bags that have scuba logos, names and what not plastered over them might me more of a target for theft then a non descriptive run of the mill black duffle bag.

I just recently replaced my 6 year old "Jaguar" house brand bag with a new one for a whopping $35CAN. The original endured quite a lot of travel, abuse and still managed to last 6 years.

The new one is 32" long, has multiple pockets, 1 large compartment, tightening straps, wheels, backbone and handle

I love my old Samsonite. Holds everthing with room for clothes, has been everywhere and held up fine, and doesn't advertise itself as being full of expensive dive gear.

joeabroad:
I love my old Samsonite. Holds everthing with room for clothes, has been everywhere and held up fine, and doesn't advertise itself as being full of expensive dive gear.

Well you just told us all to look for the Samsonite!! LOL

LLBean Rolling Adventure Duffle. Guaranteed for life. I've had one since 1997. Luggage handling gorillas broke off the tracks on the bottom. I sent it back to LLBean for repair.....they sent me a new one no questions asked. Can't beat that! It's big and roomy....no pockets or extra stuff to make it heavier. Stow and go.

I would have to concur with those who mentioned the High Sierra bags. I bought two of the 36in. roller duffles last year for a trip to Roatan and Utila. Well they lasted just the one trip, one of the bags all the inside plastic liner was completely destroyed making the wheels now unusable. The other one two of the rivets pulled out of the straps. They looked like nice bags, but I'd look elsewhere.

mnj1233:
Well you just told us all to look for the Samsonite!! LOL

Well, I alos mentioned the Samsonite wheeled Duffle bag. What's the matter with Samsonite? Samsonite 35 inch bag is almost same duffle bag except the shulder strap as High Sierra 36 inch bag. It comes with three year international warranty. At least they don't ignore the customer's warranty claims.

aquamann:
I would have to concur with those who mentioned the High Sierra bags. I bought two of the 36in. roller duffles last year for a trip to Roatan and Utila. Well they lasted just the one trip, one of the bags all the inside plastic liner was completely destroyed making the wheels now unusable. The other one two of the rivets pulled out of the straps. They looked like nice bags, but I'd look elsewhere.

Have you ever tried to get the warranty service? I contacted them several times, but I didn't hear anything yet. LOL~~~

rapidiver:
I like Pelican cases. Not a bag, but easy to wheel, large capacity, and protects your gear from baggage handler abuse

Rap

I liked the Pelican cases too. I have the big one. However!! since AirTran lowered their weight allowances from 70 to 50lbs. It's pointless to take this case as its overweight when half full!!
I just threw my gear in with the clothes on the last trip, carried on BP, Camera, and regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom