Roller Bag Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Aeris rolling bag. It held all of my gear, including pony bottle and clothes, plus a bunch of snacks, for a week vacation. More durable than the High Sierra (I have the smaller HS rolling backpack job).
(Regs, computer, camera went in a carry-on daypack).

I love my Stahlsac roller bag. It is big and really well made. I destroyed two Akona rollers (which were replaced under warranty, no hassle) with international travel. The Stahlsac, while more expensive, is holding up much better.

I'm also a fan of the Iron Clad : http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ARMIronClad and an earlier post said make sure you get plastic zippers... The armor has stainless steel - they will not corrode and are very heavy duty. I've also had good luck with the XS Scuba and have not experienced any rust... but maybe I just don't get mine that wet around salt water. If we ever had a problem with either, they take care of it quickly.

I like Pelican cases. Not a bag, but easy to wheel, large capacity, and protects your gear from baggage handler abuse

Rap

scubatoys:
I'm also a fan of the Iron Clad : http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ARMIronClad and an earlier post said make sure you get plastic zippers... The armor has stainless steel - they will not corrode and are very heavy duty. I've also had good luck with the XS Scuba and have not experienced any rust... but maybe I just don't get mine that wet around salt water. If we ever had a problem with either, they take care of it quickly.

Your right about the stainless steel but I was referring more to the low-cost bags that you can pickup at local discount houses. For instance I picked up a really nice bag at Ocean State Job Lot for about $20.00 It had a number of pockets, good interior space and wheels. I am able to pack all my dive gear in the back no problem.

Dave

drezabek:
I am looking at a roller bag for an upcoming international trip. The plan is to get a single LARGE bag that will contain all of my dive equipment and all of my clothes. I currently have an Akona mesh backpack bag that is great for day trips, but I am tired of having to deal with multiple bags -- dive bag, suitcase, backpack, etc. I will continue to carry on a backpack with my laptop, etc., but it's time to consolidate the other two.

So, to make a short story longer, what are your recommendations? Any product or brand to avoid? Any that you just love?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I didnt read all the posts but STAHL SAC all the way. Really stand behind their lifetime warranty!!!!

Try looking at the Stahlsac line of rolling dive bags. One of the larger models can be secured using only one lock. I've had one for several years and it still looks like new.

drezabek:
I am looking at a roller bag for an upcoming international trip. The plan is to get a single LARGE bag that will contain all of my dive equipment and all of my clothes. I currently have an Akona mesh backpack bag that is great for day trips, but I am tired of having to deal with multiple bags -- dive bag, suitcase, backpack, etc. I will continue to carry on a backpack with my laptop, etc., but it's time to consolidate the other two.

So, to make a short story longer, what are your recommendations? Any product or brand to avoid? Any that you just love?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I bought me an Akona rolling bag off the web for around $100 and it fits two full sets of gear. Its a nice bag but very heavy.
This is the bag but you can find it cheaper elsewhere.
http://www.scuba.com/shop/product.asp?category=26&fromsearch=1&hashvalue=018122

I was in Costco the other day and they had some 30" roller Duffle bags on sale for $39. They are awesome and fit a songle set of gear plus a few days change of clothes and still weigh under 50#.

Don't forget that dreaded 50# limit imposed by the ever so weak airline employees!

--- Start Rant --- Ignore if you must!
I remeber the day when it was a 70# limit.
I always figured if I had the strength to haul the thing from the house to the car, Carry it to the airport, Lug it through the lines and lift it onto the scales, they ought to be able to throw it on a belt. Just my thought.
--- End Rant ---

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom