RMO - why you should make a trip out to Calif!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint:
soooo Kevin, does that mean you are going to organize the official RockyMtOysters Calif Kelp dive trip? Yes, I know your LDS does a trip there in July every year, but I am talking about a group trip not associated with a dive shop.

BTW, on our boat was a group from Utah and one from LasVegas, NV.... not just people from Calif. So probably half the boat was from out-of-state. Capt Tim says he is trying to get dive shops to do group trips out there but it is a hard sell. Sad. I think it is as good of diving as you get in the Carib, just different and closer by, and no airport/passport hassles.

You guys can count me in. I usually visit family there in the summer. Went to the Wrinkles last year on my birthday. Didn't go this year, went to Roatan instead. I have only done shore dives there but I very much want to dive the kelp forest!

robint:
soooo Kevin, does that mean you are going to organize the official RockyMtOysters Calif Kelp dive trip? Yes, I know your LDS does a trip there in July every year, but I am talking about a group trip not associated with a dive shop.

BTW, on our boat was a group from Utah and one from LasVegas, NV.... not just people from Calif. So probably half the boat was from out-of-state. Capt Tim says he is trying to get dive shops to do group trips out there but it is a hard sell. Sad. I think it is as good of diving as you get in the Carib, just different and closer by, and no airport/passport hassles.

Not sure...... :confused:

I didn't go with the group that went out this year, so I'm Jonsen for some kelp!! It does sound like fun!!

Which boat does Capt Tim use?

ABQdiver:
Not sure...... :confused:

I didn't go with the group that went out this year, so I'm Jonsen for some kelp!! It does sound like fun!!

Which boat does Capt Tim use?
Capt Tim is the boat captain/owner of Great Escape (they dock right there at Pier C with BottomScratcher).
www.diveboat.com
Unfortunately, it is almost lobster season and all the weekends are booked solid from end of Sept -on for those crazy people. There are some open boat single days before the insanity starts.

I maybe seriously interested in this, but it would depend on when.

Let's figure out a date, and put something together! :D Let's see, how far of a drive... ohhhh, that's just wrong! Well 15 hours to LA, that is doable!

Dan, what would your thoughts be, or would you want to take the FAM?

The SoCal group is having their Wrinkles dive Nov 9-11 AND that Monday is when Veteran's Day is observed :D That's when I'm going to invade SoCal, you should come out then!
Ber :lilbunny:

RonFrank:

Let's figure out a date, and put something together! :D Let's see, how far of a drive... ohhhh, that's just wrong! Well 15 hours to LA, that is doable!

how is it to drive....???????????
check this out! My 4-day trip in 4 minutes. Be sure to right click on link and "save target as" to your computer and play it from there!
http://www.rnrscuba.net/Calif_07/CaliforniaTrip_2007_rush.wmv

robin:D

This sounds awesome to me! I've done some diving off San Diego and it was amazing. Was signed up for the kelp forest but the dive got cancelled so am jonesing for some kelp!!

RonFrank:

It depends on when. If this fall, then I would not be taking the family. We could make this a dynamic duo trip. :popcorn: or trio if pFish :blinking: wanted to go.

You all need to join Ber Rabbit and the SoCal gang this November at the Wrinkles Dive, Catalina Island. We go every 3 months but November is probably my favorite trip... good conditions, lots of life and the island is almost all ours. Show up, it will be a blast and I'll even pay for the first air-fill. Heck, time it right and I can pick you from the airport and drive you to the boat. :D

A 15 hour drive ain't nothing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom