RMO - why you should make a trip out to Calif!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well this thread kinda died but I just wanted to let everyone know I did go and represent the RMO contingent. The Kelp realm is fantastic! I even got to dive with Dwaters who provided the link to the SoCal group info, great guy. We should put together a RMO kelp expedition for next year.

Hey Robint thanks for getting this thread going, it finally got me out to dive California. Be sure to let me know if your ABQ group does a SoCal trip. Diving the kelp forest is almost as good as Perch Lake :wink:

you know Don, it turned out to be cheaper than we had planned - our gas was only $225 total (I have a Honda Element, 20+MPG even loaded down with dive gear and tanks). We only stayed in a hotel on way back for $66 in Barstow. So total trip cost was less that $1000 for the 2 of us.
If our daughter or someone else had gone with us in the car, it would have only been $275 more (cost of Great Escape for the 2 days). Airfare on Southwest is around $320pp so it would have almost doubled the cost of the trip. Carpooling is the way to go if you can. Our last 2 trips out we flew and rented a car and rented tanks, etc. and ended up being no easier than this trip. So to me, the $$$ saved was worth it.

robin:D
I like this! now yall are sounding like underwater rodeo cowboys. Put as much gear in the trunk as a bungie will hold down, and fill the seats with as many ppl that can pitch for fuel, turn it west and run! Ive never dove Catalina, but have heard nothin but good about it, Id like to do somethin like this.
Clay:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom