RMO Third Annual Meet, Greet, Dive, AND EAT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are planning on coming. Should we rent tanks? We still need a hand setting up our Hogarthians to our bodies.

Yes, Rent tanks. If you plan on two dives, I'd rent two tanks each. I can generally get two dives off of one tank, but it depends on the dive, and starting PSI.

I'm waiting for more info on what LDS's are offering discounts, and on what. However tanks are cheap to rent, and you won't likely save much, so I would not go out of your way to rent tanks to save unless the savings are worth while.

What type of help are you looking for? Have you run the webbing? What is left to do?

There are a couple of us that dive BP/W's, but make sure to bring any instructions. I think we can get you fixed up fairly easily regardless of the issue as long as you have all the parts! :D

Don't forget to signup on the calendar!

Last edited:
We've set up the harnesses and all we just need a bit of dinking with them to get them fitting properly. I also have never dived in one so any quick pointers would be appreciated. Do you need lights for Aurora?

So I hate to sound stupid (it happens often), but is this open to anyone? Or just "Rocky Mountain Oysters" club members?

I'm relatively new to the boards, and its good to see so many people in the Denver area who are divers. I've heard Colorado has more divers per capita than any other land-locked state.

Eric

So I hate to sound stupid (it happens often), but is this open to anyone? Or just "Rocky Mountain Oysters" club members?

Eric

It's open to all, and by posting here, you now are a Rocky Mountain Oyster!

Welcome! Oh, but do sign up on the calendar (follow Ron's instruction elsewhere in this thread) so we'll know how many to plan for.

Hi Ron, I dont know yet as I may have to work Sat morning. Had a couple of days off last week need to recoup for lost $$. If I can make it I will PM you Fri afternoon.

An update to Ron's post on the first page. The entrance fee has gone up to $6. You can't turn left to the scuba beach. They have put up concrete dividers, not to keep you out, but to force you to go through the Entrance (Main) Gate. That's where they will collect your $6, and the additional $7 if you want a Placard and Key. Then, you make a U-Turn, and go back to the road that takes you to the fishing access and scuba beach. I'm tying to embed a map to show you, from approximately E-470 and Quincy how to get there. I tried but couldn't attach it.

If it doesn't work, pm me with your email and I'll send it to you.

33_9eaa3_67453448_oJ.jpg.thumb

If you are here posting, you are part of the RMO "CLUB"! IOW's this is open to anyone who is either a member of RMO, or a member of Shark Bait. This is not Harvard! :D

Heck, we would accept Lurkers, but I think we draw the line at folks that don't have a SB login. That is an easy obstacle to overcome, sign up, it's free!

Well, unfortunately I won't be able to attend.
SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) reminded me of a commitment I made for Saturday morning. But I will definitely keep my ears open for the next get to together!!

We have 12 signed up to date, but I know that Rick and Matt (Ft. Collins) are planning on attending, and Dimitri, and his daughter are a solid maybe! :D I think there maybe a couple others that are planning on attending that have not signed up, but the bottom line is that 12 is great, and the more the merrier!

Regina, what does Shark Bait have in the wings? Looks like we should have 20+ easily, and maybe 30+. Not bad for a land locked state diving at a crummy lake! :eyebrow: The Invasion did not have much more the first year, but that is changing fast! :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom