RMO Third Annual Meet, Greet, Dive, AND EAT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Bait has about 15 signed up. Looking forward to this...it should be a lot of fun!

Also, for those divers who need rental gear, we have a four shops (A1, Weavers, Underwater Phantaseas Lakewood, Underwater Phantaseas South) that are working with us by providing rental discounts...click on the link below to access the coupons.

http://www.sharkbaitdiveclub.com/celebratesummer.doc

Also, those who are members of the club will be entered into a drawing for a free shark dive at the aquarium (must be present to win).

See ya'll at Aurora!

It looks like my wife got put on call until the 3 PM shift tomorrow and we won't be able to come. Maybe we could get together another time or in the afternoon in smalelr groups?

Dived there Wednesday afternoon, won't be able to make it today.
Watch out for the dog manure. Sad.

Great meeting, seeing, diving and hanging with everyone.

I would say that this year's shark-bait-oyster-fest was a success.

Cheers all.

Justin

I think the get together was a great success, and I personally had a lot of fun!

I'd like to thank Regina, James, Julie, and Jim for providing the burgers, dogs, bockwurst, drinks, shark bait swag, and for doing the Aquarium drawing!

The weather was perfect, and we did not loose any EZups this year. The food was all good, but how could it go wrong with such fine chefs at the wheel! :rofl3:

The conditions were stirred up and vis was in the 6~8 foot range or less at times. Diving was a blast, and most everyone got wet, or dry as it were. Water temps were 58F, so not bad. I did the second dive (dry) without a hood or gloves, and was comfortable.

It was great to finally have a chance to dive with Regina, and James.

Most of the regulars from SB CO were there, and it was nice having such a great group hanging out for the day, and getting a couple of dives in. Vis was better in the late afternoon, not surprising as most had been out of the water for a while. Nice to dive with you and see you again Kent, and Matt, we really need to hook up more often. It was great meeting/seeing everyone. If this grows much larger, we are going to need more EZup tents, and tarp space!

We will be doing this event again at Blue Hole for those south, and those that are willing to drive down from Denver. I'll put another sticky up shortly, but the date is likely going to be the third weekend in September.

We will also be posting dives to come. Don't be shy folks about posting dives you are planning if you want some company. I think we will be doing a couple high mountain lakes when they warm up a bit more in August.

Thanks everyone for making this a fun event, and to everyone that provided sides, deserts, or pitched in on a placard, and to those that just came to dive and/or socialize!

Last edited:
We will be doing this event again at Blue Hole for those south, and those that are willing to drive down from Denver. I'll put another sticky up shortly, but the date is likely going to be the third weekend in September.

We will also be posting dives to come. Don't be shy folks about posting dives you are planning if you want some company. I think we will be doing a couple high mountain lakes when they warm up a bit more in August.

Really wish I could have been there. I'll keep watching this board for dives, and hopefully I'll be able to make the Blue Hole!!

The bash was a blast! I'm new to the club so it was great to meet everyone. I love to dive and chat (ask my wife!)....SCUBA! Had a great dive with John. I was pleasantly surprised with how comfortable the reservoir is with a 7mil & vest -- I'm a real wimp about cold water. Haven't dove it in a few years but it seems much more fun now that there's actually water :D
I gotta say THANKS!!!! - cause I'm the lucky guy that won the shark dive! I'm stoked about jumping in the pool with a bunch of my snaggly-toothed friends! Hope to see all of you guys on future outings!

Mark

We had a blast too! I was really nice to meet everyone and put a face with the name. Thanks to everyone for their participation and goodies!!!! Hope to see you all again!

Congrats, Mark, on the shark dive...it's a lot of fun!!!!

Regina

Dangit.. I don't know why I never saw this thread before.. I would have gone in a second :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom