RMO Third Annual Meet, Greet, Dive, AND EAT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
PLEASE Sign up for this on the Calandar, so we can make sure we have plenty of food! The Calendar is a sub forum under the RockyMountainOysters

Hi All,

It's warm enough for us to get wet, and it's that time of year again where we try and get everyone together for a good Ol' BBQ/Picnic/Dive at Aurora Res.

Come and Dive, or just meet and greet other Oysters!

Where: Aurora Res
When: June 14th (Saturday morning), 9:00am~ ??
Why: Cause it's fun!

This year will be a little different as we are going to be joining the folks at Shark Bait Dive Club. This is a group that I attend on a semi-regular basis, and I thought since we are always light on participation at these events, why not join up with them!

I will put this on the calendar, and will work with Regina to make sure we have some organization! :D

I think Shark Bait is providing the Burgers, but we will want some folks to bring BBQ's, sides, and such.

Non-Divers are welcome at this event as are children of all ages!

I'll post more as I know more, but feel free to respond if you are planning on attending, and we can start to work out the details!

Chow for Now!

PARK INFORMATION
For those that have not done Aurora, the dive park is located away from the main area. You can no longer take a LEFT BEFORE you get to the main park entrance. One must go through the entrance, and pay there, then do a UTurn to go back to the scuba beach entrance. It is marked as the Scuba/Fishing/Range area.

One has to pick up placards at the main gate. We will draw straws or something, but generally the first folks that arrive are the ones that go get the placards. We will likely want 2~3 placards for the group, but we could even get by with one.

Folks will arrive, find the guy with the placard, and then drive to the Dive Beach to unload gear. Once the gear is unloaded, then one must go back and park in the general area. We are not allowed to leave the vehicles in the dive parking area. We will try and leave someone in the main parking area to assist those that arrive.

This is not free, the admission last year was $5 per vehicle. One can get an envelope at the scuba parking area, and do all the paperwork right there, or folks can pay at the main gate, but there is little reason to go there to do that. Placards are $7 but we will only need a couple.

UPDATE on Scuba Beach access
What I posted yesterday was a complete misunderstanding, not that they have made it easier on us! One can no longer turn into the Scuba Beach, and pay there. One must go through the main gate and then do a UTurn.

Still not a nice move on their part, but maybe folks were not paying at the beach, and this will stop that. See Rick's post below for more details.

Dive Gear
Regina has received word from four LDS, and getting deals on rental gear.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the dive deals. They may not help most, but it's nice to see a few shops are supporting Shark Bait, and the RMO's in turn.

http://www.sharkbaitdiveclub.com/celebratesummer.doc

What to bring
I have one small grill, but we really need at least two, so if someone wants to pony up on that! :blinking:

We will have two EZ Ups, so we will have some shade. Everyone is encouraged to bring chairs, and something to drink out of.

We need drinks and some sides. I don't think we need a side from everyone, but I'll leave this up to you! In the past folks have been great about showing up with goodies. If you want to provide some drinks, post that. We don't want 10 folks showing up with drinks for 25.

We are anticipating between 20~30 folks showing up. I'll continue to update this post as the event grows nearer.

Last edited:
Baring any sickness, it's on the calendar. I won't be able to dive (why can't the men get pregnant??), but husband might/might not dive, but we'll both be there and can definitely bring some sort of side dish if necessary. Just let me know what's needed.

Sorry, will be on Cozy that weekend. Be thinking of you and the great vis you will have!

I will be diving the weekend before (June 6-7) at Chatfield as part of my Rescue Class though!

Sorry, will be on Cozy that weekend. Be thinking of you and the great vis you will have!

I will be diving the weekend before (June 6-7) at Chatfield as part of my Rescue Class though!

Bummer, or good, or bummer! :D

It will not be the only time we get together, so you won't miss out on the bad vis, cold water, and lack of life for too long! :rofl3:

I was thinking of doing a poll to see when folks were available, but past experience tells me it's just a three week long exercise in futility.

Bummer!!!! When the original Shark Bait date was the 21st I was in like flynn! With the change to the 14th, I'm out, out, out. Have fun guys!

PF

Bummer!!!! When the original Shark Bait date was the 21st I was in like flynn! With the change to the 14th, I'm out, out, out. Have fun guys!

PF

I will be there, a little late but I will be there. I have to take a family member to the airport that morning.

Now, how are we going to have fun with you gone :confused:

I'm thinking we will be doing another get together in Aug. Maybe at one of the high lakes.

But tis the season! Dive until you are blue in the Face! :D

If folks want to buddy up, this forum is a great way to make that happen, or via PM.

PF

It makes me sad inside that you can't make it because of the date change...sorry about that!

Hopefully we can do some diving together some time this summer!

The wife and I will be there. We are new divers looking to try out our new BP/W + other gear in the resevoir and looking to meet new people. PM us if there is some food/beverage you want us to bring. If I'm not mistaken we can bring tanks and gear and dive in the water during the meet?

Back
Top Bottom