Risk your life for these 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:hijack:

all4scuba05 I love your signature :rofl3:

I am currently going through the PADI Rescue course, and the first rule is to never put yourself in an emergency situation as well. It seemed from the video that he was calm, collected, and clear thought.

It doesn't really point out if he has his deep diver cert which this exceeds the limits of that too, but given the correct training (and remembering it) he should have had plenty of air to do the 15 min Emergency Safety-Stop that would be required and the other two divers could surface being that they would be out of air after their stop.

I don't really know his previous dive profile, but obviously if he had plenty of residual nitrogen build-up that would change things considerably.

Rule of thumb, always watch out for the others as they could end up hurting you too.
Hopefully they too learned their lesson and realized that someone risked themselves to rescue them due to their lack of better judgment.:no:

Already a long thread about this on SB.......?prob a month ago?

That's ok. But it would just be interesting to ask those who were calling it fake how they could be so sure, since Stuart Cove never came out and defended the shop by saying it was fake. That just doesn't make sense to me, which leads me to believe it is in fact...real.

I'm basing my assumption (and I'll be honest and call it that) on the emphasis of video'ing the rescuer's depth gauge. I could see it once the rescue is in progress to make a point ... but not at 70 feet. That's just not something someone's likely to do under normal circumstances.

Do you think it's possible that Stuart Cove put this video together for their own instructional program? I think it's a VERY effective way to help new divers understand the importance of keeping an eye on their depth and gas gauges ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Already a long thread about this on SB.......?prob a month ago?

YUP!! And I provided the link earlier. It is a good thing that the same things do not get discussed over and over on SB :D. But, some new blood has joined this thread so perhaps new points of view....

Post 46! (In another over-debated - off the subject - useless thread).

Let's see if we can get this up to 100.

Sorry tridacna....wanna switch with me?

Post 46! (In another over-debated - off the subject - useless thread).

Let's see if we can get this up to 100.
LMAO
I'm ok with closing it

NO DONT CLOSE IT YET, wait till we get it to 100 posts . . .:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom