Risk your life for these 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I think I would of tried but thats just me. I couldnt just sit and watch someone die

I would have done the same, if they died or were injured it would probably ruin the rest of my diving day. :wink:
In all seriousness, everyone needs a little help sometimes and I would never pass up the opportunity to save a life.

:lurk: Anyone have a bigger bucket, I have a feeling I am going to need a HUGE bucket . . .

I would have helped them without hesitation. The fact that the DM kept taping his computer gave me the most concern. If he was worried about them he should have swum to them immediately.

This sounds like a job for SPAM MAN!!!! And this video has been discussed multiple times on here at length....some say it is fake or staged. I personally think it was staged (watch that start things up here :D) but would still try to save someone stupid as long as my safety was not compromised.

This is an old discussion and has been debated to death already. Video was posted about a month or two ago.

I think it was staged ... but I also think it's a great training video (which was probably why it was created) ... because the visual image leaves a mental impression that classroom or internet discussion never will.

Great choice of music too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If they were DIR this wouldn't have happened. . .

I would have gone after them but I hope I would have done it sooner than the guy with the camera. But at least he did go get them and probably saved two lives that day.

I actually had a buddy of mine decide two years ago that on a dive in Roatan, he wanted to do a personal best deep dive. He's a grown man and when he sets his mind to something he pretty much is going to do it. So he wanted to go to 150 ft. at the beginning of the dive and then come to the shallows to finish the dive. So I tell him I'll drop to 130 with him and hover above while he gets his 150. Vis was excellent. So down he goes.....and goes....and goes until I catch him at 181 and grab him and up we go. I thought the guy was in trouble so that's why I went after him. He told me later that he felt great at 150 and decided to go for 200.

He now understands that if he decides he wants to break 181, he's totally on his own.

Back
Top Bottom