Risk your life for these 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a friend who broke an all-time longevity record like that ... his dive lasted over 10 months. Another diver eventually found his body sticking out of the mud at 205 feet.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Very sad.

This guy is incredibly competitive and I don't doubt for a minute at some point he will want to get that 200. I don't really want to be on that trip when he does.

By the way, incredible pic I have don't ya think!

Very sad.

This guy is incredibly competitive and I don't doubt for a minute at some point he will want to get that 200. I don't really want to be on that trip when he does.

It really is sad. That is why I will not associate or dive with someone like that. They, in the end, will put themselves and possibly me at risk and that is not cool. Call it conservative, call it boring....that is who I would rather dive with. I hope your friend has a happier ending that NWGratefulDiver's friend.

It really is sad. That is why I will not associate or dive with someone like that. ~~SNIP~~ Call it conservative, call it boring....

come on you big sissy, you know you want to dive to 200' . . .

Here's what happened on a dive off Cozumel in 2002. We were doing a wall dive. I was at about 90 ft. when on of the divers from our boat drifted downward past me. She was feet-down, holding the deflate button down on her BC control with her back toward the wall, just looking out into the blue. The divemaster was above me doing a critter show with an arrow crab and two other divers from the boat. I looked back down and she was still holding the deflate button down and the control above her head, no bubbles from the BC. I dumped my own wing air and went head-down as fast as I could until I caught her. I grabbed her tank valve and began swimming upward as with as much effort as I could manage. We stopped drifting downward and as I powered the two of us upward I pulled the control from her hand and added some air to her BC. She was wearing at least 25 lbs. of lead. Gradually she figured out what was happening and began swimming up with me. At about 135 ft the divemaster caught up with us. I held on to her rig until I was certain that he had control of her. My computer showed 184 ft. I had about 900 psi left. I made an ascent slow enough to keep my computer happy, hovered at about 15 ft. until I was amost out of air then surfaced. The whole deal probably didn't take three minutes, but it sure seemed like a very long time. Boat driver didn't find me until after the DM told him where to look. I got to float in the ocean for about 45 minutes before they came back to pick me up. I was the last one back on the boat and one of three divers with no air pressure showing on my gauge. DM told me he had to share his air with her on the safety stop, so both of them were on 'empty', too. She never said anything to anybody on the way back in, but I got to dive for free the next two days.

DC

Good Job DC!

First time ever folks :D that I agree with LetterBoy :confused:. Good job DC.

Posted via Mobile Device

:freakout: Not possible . . . . I cannot agree with a :surrender:ie!!!!

Bad Bad DC, you should have just clipped a 100lb lift bag to her and sent her to the surface . . . Yeah, thats it. . . .

FYI - The above is not a serious comment, if it is taken as a serious comment and you actually perform said maneuver I, John Bryan (God #2), am not responsible for any positive or negative reactions by lift bagged diver, or lift bagged divers family.

Very sad.

By the way, incredible pic I have don't ya think!

Yeah ... I was noticing the avatar ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom