Risk your life for these 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LMAO
I'm ok with closing it

Well we have learned today that a closed thread is only closed to those without the power. Those with the power can (and sometimes will) continue to post :wink: so nothing is ever truly closed.

The thread you speak of was closed, just like :surrender: is closed to outsiders. . .

Your avatar might be worth coming back here everyday.

:huh:
Posted via Mobile Device

I just saw this video on youtube and googled it to see if it was posted in here.
Personally I would probably have gone over to them and "said something" at 120ft while I still found it to be within reasonable depths although exeeding the cert levels most divers hold, myself included. I have on some occasions gone a few feet divers to check on divers who dont seem to stop going deeper on walls. Id really preferr not having to go to 150ft to do it when theire way out of no-decon time and way low on air, but Im not sure if I could have left them there to die either.
I did once try to stop but decided to let go of a diver shooting towards the surface from 100ft, but that decision was also based on the fact that if the divers hurt on the surface and im there a few minutes later, shed still have a chance, while if we where both up there and in serious trouble I wouldnt be able to assist all the same.
Ive done my share of dives around 100ft and do it routinely in tropic locations without any issues. If the water is cold, murky and dark things could change a fair bit..

Although this thread has had an extended life, the bottom line is that the video does provoke discussion.

Whether the video is real, staged, or designed as a training video it should give you a watery feeling in your bowels. Exceeding the limits of your diving abilities has potentially dire consequences!

As with several of the YouTube postings, the quality may be low, the entertainment factor may be questionable, but the learning potential is extremely high. Most dive classes simply stick to the established curriculum, but what about using these videos as a discussion point for good diving habits?

Diving is a safe sport within the limits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom