Return to Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mt. Storm certainly is not the Caribbean and really nothing to write home about as far as lakes are concerned. Overall the viz stinks 90% of the time and there isn't much to see. Though the temp really makes the lake an enjoyable dive in the summer months. If you can get there on a day (good luck in the summer) when no dive shops are doing training or even a few hours after training is over then it doesn't make for a bad dive.

As for stuff to see the catfish are the most entertaining feature. Other then that there is the motorcycle and some plumbing parts and computer monitors.

We'll be at Mount Storm this weekend - Friday through Monday - off and on.

Look for the big 4x4 van.

Hey Doc, We'll be there Sat. and I'll look you up.

Well, our plans for a Mt. Storm trip this weekend were scrapped :( My diver buddy had some sinus issues, so we thought it better to postpone the trip until that clears up. Hopefully next weekend.

For those who made it up there-- how was the diving? Viz/temps?

Don't know if you made it to the Storm on Sat Doc. but the weather forecast caused us to wait till Sunday.

Sorry you didn't make it out Eric.

It was fairly windy today with a little chill in the air. Water was about 76*F. Not a lot of folks there but one pretty big class.

I was there thursday and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I was the only diver but there were several fisherman and swimmers. I ended up gathering fish hooks from the bottom and giving them to the people who were fishing. The bummer was I got a speeding ticket 3 miles away from the lake!

I was there thursday and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I was the only diver but there were several fisherman and swimmers. I ended up gathering fish hooks from the bottom and giving them to the people who were fishing. The bummer was I got a speeding ticket 3 miles away from the lake!
Too bad about our ticket. In a hurry to dive I guess. We may see you there this weekend.

We're going to be at Storm this weekend....both Saturday and Sunday. Maybe we'll see some of you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom