Return to Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grats Jim! Glad to hear you made it through your exam!

For those of you who dive at Mt. Storm alot... which weekend day is least crowded- Saturdays or Sundays? I'd like to get up there sometime in May.

Did anybody make the trip this past Mother's Day weekend? Temps/Vis?

What is cool to dive in Mt. Storm. Excuse my ignorance but I am getting Certified as a civilian now and looking for places close to home. Which is Ripley, WV.

There isn't a lot to see...there are a lot of catfish that are used to being fed by divers so they follow you everywhere. There is a motorcycle and a few odd and end things. The big appeal to it is that the water will be in the mid seventies this month and eventually creep up close to 90. It is the only place around here that you can dive without wetsuit/drysuit in the summer.

What is cool to dive in Mt. Storm. Excuse my ignorance but I am getting Certified as a civilian now and looking for places close to home. Which is Ripley, WV.
Mrs Prages is from Ripley I believe. There are a couple of diving options for you. Sutton Lake has some diving but not much and not the best place to pick. Summersville Lake is a good place the local diving community vists in the summer months along with Mt. Storm. There are others but your best two options is Summersville and the Storm for sure.

Also, Summersville and Storm have training platforms and lots of classes do their checkouts here.

This could be a double edged sword. Lots of divers to hook up with and lots to plow up the bottom and reduce vis. I've been doing strawberry quarry lately up here in pa. Not as deep or warm but alot closer. Coming to storm on the 7th and 8th though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom