Return to Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I was in the water now! My outdoor thermometer says it's 101*... :(

Next weekend is a distinct possibility for Mt. Storm- we'd probably stay overnight Saturday and dive Sunday morning. :) Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

Anyone going up and staying Fri, diving on sat? I was thinking (if I can work it out) to drive up on Fri, dive saturday and be back home by 2 on sunday.

We were at Mt. Storm this last weekend. The place was mobbed and visibility was about 2 feet on the 25 foot platforms. I don't know if it was any better down deep - I was helping with checkout dives. On the plus side, water temp was 81F.

One more thing - the porta-potties are gone! (sorry if this is old news).

I was also there this past weekend. WAYYYYY too many people and terrible visibility. Down deeper was no better...probably worse. We're considering not going to Storm for a while until things settle down a little. If you all go...I would suggest being in the water by 730 am or so. Might get a decent dive.

I never hit storm in the summer. Way too many students, plus one instructor I do not get along with....I suggest diving cold, or going someplace nice (NC, SC) For the people new to it, Storm has some major drawbacks- cell coverage in the event of an emergency, poor vis, altitude, just to name a few.
-J

Back
Top Bottom