Return to Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaman_06

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Guys,

I haven't been to Mt. Storm in quite a while. I will be heading back up there again though as soon as air temps warm a bit. I just wondered if anyone is planning some dives there?

Anybody been to Storm this weekend? Would like to know air and water temps and how many stacks are running.

I am out of town March 29-April 11, but I'd like to start diving there mid April if the water is warm enough. I plugged the coordinates into my Garmin and it's 2 1/2 hours...not bad. What is the area around Mt. Storm like? Any restrooms? Restaurants nearby? ...

The closest restaurant is the Stained Glass, about 1 mile. It is also the closest restroom. There are porta-potties on site, thats it. There is a gas station right as you get on the road to Storm, about 2 or 3 miles.
-J

Yeah the facilities at Mt. Storm are null. Like Jay Judge said some porta toilets and that's it. To make matters worse the entrance, well its a frigging disaster. Typically if no one is around I enter off the boat ramp since it makes for a much easier (and safer) entrance way.

Storm is fairly close to the town of Oakland (about 20 min) in Maryland and the town of Thomas in WV. Both towns have plenty of restaurants etc, etc. I was at Mt. Storm this past weekend and it was horrible. Viz was horrible, the water was colder then it normally is this time of year (58) and overall I had a terrible dive. Maybe its just because being in Bonaire spoiled me but it was flat out crappy at Mt. Storm.

I am out of town March 29-April 11, but I'd like to start diving there mid April if the water is warm enough. I plugged the coordinates into my Garmin and it's 2 1/2 hours...not bad. What is the area around Mt. Storm like? Any restrooms? Restaurants nearby? ...

Like the others have said, there isn't much. My buddies and I usually pack water and food to take with us so we dont have to leave the parking lot. You are definitely roughing it there more than Millbrook! :)

Unfortunately the weather we have been having here this week is not doing much for the water temps, I'm sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom