Restructuring Florida, The Vote...

Do you agree with the proposed forum structure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I voted "Aye" with the understanding that I voted for a single forum and calendar as posted by El Orans.

Florida Conch Divers
--Trips and Local Marketplace... Florida
--Calendar
--Florida Dive Clubs and Groups

:palmtree: Bob

No, only one subforum for clubs is being proposed at the root. All clubs created are grouped together there. What do I care if others want to gaggle or clutch?

The proposal is for a single conch forum, three subforums (and none of them inherently subregional.) "Yea" is a vote for a single, unified forum.

Thus bolstering Walter's case that the ballot was flawed. I think not enough people understood that:

--
--
--
----
----
----
----

only describes three divisions.

Oceanus:
^kinda implies that a unified single forum is impossible, because any 12 members can decide they "need" a subforum...
12,000 members can vote they want a single unified forum (with no subforms), but just 12 can undermine the overwhelming majority ???

why bother having a poll, voting, or discussing
if it only takes 12 members to create a subforum it really doesn't matter what the majority want does it

way to much power given to the minority... doesn't make sense...

I believe that an "aye" vote is for one forum. Don't even worry about clubs at this time- that will come later on an ad hoc basis. Under the unified forum structure, all trips will be posted in one place, all reports in the main forum. For those wants to have the Florida forum split into regions, vote "nay."

Hope that clarifies things a little....:D

Marvel:
I believe that an "aye" vote is for one forum. Don't even worry about clubs at this time- that will come later on an ad hoc basis. Under the unified forum structure, all trips will be posted in one place, all reports in the main forum. For those wants to have the Florida forum split into regions, vote "nay."

That is correct.

BTW, Tampa Bay is on the clock... :football:

Mr El. Could you please change my vote to Aye. :)

Marvel:
Don't even worry about clubs at this time- that will come later on an ad hoc basis.
So, will we as a group get to vote later as to whether or not clubs will be formed at all? Will we as a group get to vote on each specific club? Or will it be a situation where if enough people want a club, they can get it?

Forgive my confusion, but in the original post, it says to vote on the forum structure that is in bold, and part of that is CLUBS. This is just a major sticking point for me, as I view clubs as being exclusive, when I want the forum to be inclusive.

Edit: I really appreciate all of the effort that is being put into this issue, and I am sorry if it appears as though I am trying to be difficult.

I think certain clubs are a forgone conclusion. I think that is where the original split started. The rules allow clubs in forums, I think they just got carried away into splitting a forum that was fine as a single unit. One day traffic may warrant a split for the geographic reason but that is not now. Clubs are fine if people want to chat - I would hope that dive plans and reports would be shared with all in the trips and main forums.

SeaYoda:
I think certain clubs are a forgone conclusion. I think that is where the original split started. The rules allow clubs in forums, I think they just got carried away into splitting a forum that was fine as a single unit. One day traffic may warrant a split for the geographic reason but that is not now. Clubs are fine if people want to chat - I would hope that dive plans and reports would be shared with all in the trips and main forums.

Exactly... :D

SeaYoda:

SeaYoda, we are in agreement. However, to say "they just got carried away" is being very gracious on your part. Many of us complained when the original changes to the forum were made, but our concerns were basically ignored. The Conch Divers Forum has suffered ever since. I hope this vote wil restore the the forum to what it used to be about, Florida divers diving Florida. :palmtree: Bob

I also AGREE we should have one forum for the Conch's. That's how I found all yous ! :D
If I need a slimy , rock crawling dive , I'll figure out where to post it ... :confused:
We are ONE , we are the C-O-N-C-H s... :eyebrow:

Except for letting the sheep in on the group , that is :shakehead

You can change my vote to AYE ... One Forum , One Conch ... :D
Besides , I'm gonna hit the salt in July eh? I need my salt buddies to hold my hand!

Jeano Beano

P.S. Gads , I even agree with SeaYoda and SuPrBuGmAn Awesome
And since I am at Milton Fl (I-10 - Exit 31) as I write this , well , er , the pressure is on !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom