Restructuring Florida, The Vote...

Do you agree with the proposed forum structure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
This vote SNAFU sounds eerily familiar (for Florida)

Hey now, in areas where people who are native or who have lived in the area longer than a few hours the counts worked out just fine.. its on the other coast where folks who have this weird accent (someone told me it had to do with New York or Joizee or something.. maybe Rhode Eeezland or whatever it is) couldn't figure out how to poke a hole in paper much less count it. Then they argued about it... Dee dee dee! Mencia would have a field day with them!

OK, I am about to cast my vote. Please note that I am basing my reaction specifically on the fact that the original post proposes a forum that includes clubs or groups, which I have said from the start that I am opposed to. My vote is NAY.

Let's restructure the vote first- split or no split. All else can be decided on an as needed basis. I've let Laurens know that. Poor guy.... yet another poll. :D

I voted " Nay" because I think the Florida Panhandlers need to be moved over to the Deep Dixie Forum, where they're appreciated for their individuality!

I voted aye and since there is confusion over what that means, I mean that I want one forum. I take aye to mean we go back to one trips subforum, one calendar, and one main forum. The clubs are optional and subject to approval.

Are we getting a new poll to end the confusion?

I vote for one forum. I haven't had any issues getting information on Florida diving. When I went to S. Florida, I received lots of advice on diving in the area. When I dive the springs in N. Florida, I get the information I need. If I'm diving the caves, I go to the Cave Diving forum. I've even been in the forums enough to know who to PM for what information on what area. It may be a little confusing for people new to the forum, but everyone in the Conch forum comes out and answers questions as they come up. I just haven't seen any problems with the way things have been.

BTW, I bought a house in N. Florida last year and am a part-time Florida resident right now. I will be living there on a permanent basis soon. And once there, I'm sure I'll be taking regular trips to LBTS to get my salt water reef fixes.

SeaYoda:
I take aye to mean we go back to one trips subforum, one calendar, and one main forum. The clubs are optional and subject to approval.
An excellent recap.

We do not determine whether a club is wanted, you do.

If you agree that club X should have its own forum, you go over to their thread and you add your name to the list. If there are at least a dozen members who want it, chances are pretty good that it will be created.

Therefore, you cannot vote against or for the existence of a single club forum in this poll. If our members want to have more than one club forum, then this is what the top level structure will look like.

As was stated in the poll...
Florida Conch Divers
--Trips and Local Marketplace... Florida
--Calendar
--Florida Dive Clubs and Groups

<snip>

Therefore, the structure you need to vote on is displayed bold.
Ultimately, the number of clubs is determined by you, not by us.

^kinda implies that a unified single forum is impossible, because any 12 members can decide they "need" a subforum...
12,000 members can vote they want a single unified forum (with no subforms), but just 12 can undermine the overwhelming majority ???

why bother having a poll, voting, or discussing
if it only takes 12 members to create a subforum it really doesn't matter what the majority want does it

way to much power given to the minority... doesn't make sense...

I have no idea whats going on... Honestly, nor am I in the shape to be trying to figure it out a this moment in time...

My vote is simple... One main forum, one Trips/Marketplace, one Calender. Whatever thant ends up being on the enteri voting thing - so be it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom