Research Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tilem

Registered
Reaction score
Hello guys, I would like to buy a mask and I already choose which one I wanted, but I just saw it on some pictures.When I will know the model, Im gonna try it... I don't really know what is the brand and the model, but I think its a scubapro but not sure.It is like tansparant and have a great strap who really interest me like you can see on all the picture. So if some one know what model it is, please help me :biggrin:

Pictures(sorry for the bad quality)

Thanks !!

Attachments

• lunette.JPG
    lunette.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 46
  • lunette2.JPG
    lunette2.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 44
  • lunette3.JPG
    lunette3.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 46
The strap is an after market neoprene strap that was added to the mask. Most dive shops cary some version with thier shop's name printed on it.

Ok thanks, but for the mask, I just found that...Is it this one or... not ?

Attachments

• scu00148.jpg
    scu00148.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 52
Please do yourself a big favor and don't buy a mask based on what it looks like or cost. A great fitting mask is really important while diving. Buying one based on ANYTHING other than fit will most likely result in you being unhappy with it. A much better approch is to try on every mask you can find (no internet shopping) until you find the 3 or 4 or more if you are lucky that fit you well and then choose the one you like the best. It may not be the coolest looking or come in the color you want but if it does not leak (much- they all leak some) you are much better off.
The strap is a different matter, like mudd said, it is an aftermarket added on and well worth buying IMO. The first thing I do to a new mask is to remove that horrible rubber strap and put one of those on it. There are several different types of those straps as well. I like the ones with neoprene in the center, they are more comfortable and go on better IMO.

I'm with Herman on this one. Don't just get fixated with a particular style because of it's looks. Fit and function will differ between different makes and models.

You did mention that you will try on the model once you discover which make and style it is. Try other makes and models as well. Most urban areas will have at least one dive shop so pay a visit. A mask is an important dive equipment and you don't want to buy the wrong one.

What everyone has already said. Don't buy your mask based on just the looks alone. Learn from my mistake, try the mask on first before buying it. As for the strap, I use the one that came with my mask but my dive buddy replaced hers with something like what is in the picture and she loves it.

As for the purge on the mask, it is not important. I actually don't think I know of any other diver that has a purge on their mask. Not sure if you are certified yet but you should be taught how to clear water out of your mask without a purge.

Happy Diving!!!

Some like purges, others don't. It's not a big deal either way. Clearing your mask without one is no big deal and to me, it's just one more point that can fail and cause a leak. A small grain of sand or hair in the purge valve will allow it to leak, that can't happen it there is no valve to get caught in.

About the purge, I can speak from my own experience. My mask has a purge on it, I like and I dislike it. I like it when I don't have a regulator and need to clear my mask, but I much rather clear it the normal way when I have a regulator. It makes the mask bigger than it needs to be, which sucks when trying to find a hard case for it (mine did not come with one). I honestly think it is a matter of preference though, I don't love the purge, but I don't hate it either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom