Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Reports of your life have been greatly understated" :)

Well done Sir, your efforts are commendable. My mother was a nurse in a palliative care ward and she often came home in a terrible state, they might not show it but they often become attached to their patients, they truly take their job to heart, just as you have done..

It takes courage and strength to lay everything aside for another, you can be proud of what you have achieved together with your sister.. I am sure that she is proud to have you as her brother.​

Thanks for all the overly kind comments and concerns. Harriet has declined even further, to the point that round the clock hospice care is needed. They'll be picking her up in a few minutes and taking her to Jacksonville, about 90 minutes away.

They were to pick her up at 6:00pm so I didn't cook any dinner. They just left. I'm broken and hungry. Sometimes life just sucks.

That does suck. Do they have a estimate on when it will end?

Sounds dark but when we went through it with my grandma and my neighbor it was almost a relief as they were longer in pain.

They were to pick her up at 6:00pm so I didn't cook any dinner. They just left. I'm broken and hungry. Sometimes life just sucks.
Why weren't they able to provide full hospice at your (her?) home? My grandpa had hospice until the end at my parents home.

So sorry to hear this, Pete. I lost my brother 3 years ago this month to pancreatic cancer after a 13 or 14 month struggle. And right now I'm expecting word any time that the 21 year old son of my college roommate/best man/godfather of my eldest/volunteer diver on my Ph.D. research/rec soccer teammate for 25 years/etc. has died of a rare sarcoma. (It was hours to days three days ago and from my last visit I was guessing a day or two.)

No matter how you slice it, it sucks. There's all kinds of pathetic expressions we can say, but they do tend to ring hollow at times like this so I won't try. It just sucks.

Ryan Reynolds in one of hic movies called cancer a sh!t show. That's a pretty accurate statement.

Ryan Reynolds in one of hic movies called cancer a sh!t show. That's a pretty accurate statement.
Again, so very sorry . . .

Stephen King, recollecting the death of his own mother from cancer, said something along the lines of, "she suffered as painful a death as medical science could provide" . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom