Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankfulness and rejoicing is in order not sorrow as god has finally relieved all these folk of their misery

Taken one from her pain and the others can live again

Sorry, Pete. No, you weren't ready. None of us were/are/will be.

Pete,

I am sorry for your loss. I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive, but I hope you and your family and friends find some solace in that your sister isn't suffering anymore. I know that doesn't blunt the pain you are feeling now.

Update: my sister passed away this morning at 7:10 am. I lost my fiercest supporter and best friend. She was an amazing person, had two sons and lived a wonderful life. She was an accomplished horticulturist, devoted mother, and we saw eye to eye on most everything. She really loved her kitties and now I have 4 1/2 to deal with without her.

I thought I was ready for this... but I was not.
Pete, healing thoughts to for you. No matter how ready we think we are...we are never ready. May her memory be a blessing and a source of strength.

Again, many, many thanks for the condolences! Very special thanks to @DeepSeaExplorer and @MrsDeepSeaExplorer for their bringing me a lasagna. I believe it to be homemade and still have wonderful leftovers.

Update: my sister passed away this morning at 7:10 am. I lost my fiercest supporter and best friend. She was an amazing person, had two sons and lived a wonderful life. She was an accomplished horticulturist, devoted mother, and we saw eye to eye on most everything. She really loved her kitties and now I have 4 1/2 to deal with without her.

I thought I was ready for this... but I was not.
You never are. The one death that bothers me years later is my Grandmother. She lived a long life, and was a very kind caring woman. In many ways, we are the impact we have on others. And others are the impact they have on us.

While I can't read minds, I have to anticipate that someone being there for her through these times is huge and meant a lot to her. Talk is one thing, but actions speak louder than words.

You let 38 degrees stop you, the only reason I'm not diving Sunday is I need my gear dry so I can pack it on Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom