Removing Si-Tech dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertschb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been using Si-Tech dry gloves for a few months now and I'm still having a really hard time removing them after a dive. I have to twist so hard on the rings that I feel like I'm going to rip the cuffs off the suit. Very, very frustrating. The only way I can get them off within a reasonable amount of time is if my buddy twists on the ring while I hold the cuff.

The ring that is so difficult to twist after a dive spins freely when the gloves are off the suit so it isn't binding on anything. The o-rings just seem to be VERY tighly lodged in the cuff. The gloves are in perfect condition. I've never used any silicone or any other material on any part of the glove system.

Any suggesting would be greatly appreciated. I dread getting out of the water because I know what a hassle it will be to remove my stinking gloves. Ug!

Thanks!!

Not yet. SiTech says not to use anything. I did get a suggestion to use spit so I'm going to try that first.

most people I know with these gloves spit on o-ring as you've heard. It seems to work ok. Helps to get them on and off.

The Si Tech bayonet gloves are now being shipped with a small tube of silicone; folks have been running out of spit at inopportune moments. :wink:
They're also coming with different gloves, instead of the super-durable (stiff) hazmat variety they're coming with some pretty sweet flexible rubber gloves. Get the next size larger than what ya need if you're in icewater though, needs the extra room for thicker insulation.

Anyone that has bought their dryglove kits from me give a yell, I'm getting a bucket of silicone & will be passing out freebies.

Probably not the case, since you haven't had them long, but there was a early version of these rings that didn't work all that well - not enough travel. See the pict, the bad one is the one on the right without the glove.

bertschb:
I've been using Si-Tech dry gloves for a few months now and I'm still having a really hard time removing them after a dive. I have to twist so hard on the rings that I feel like I'm going to rip the cuffs off the suit. Very, very frustrating. The only way I can get them off within a reasonable amount of time is if my buddy twists on the ring while I hold the cuff.

The ring that is so difficult to twist after a dive spins freely when the gloves are off the suit so it isn't binding on anything. The o-rings just seem to be VERY tighly lodged in the cuff. The gloves are in perfect condition. I've never used any silicone or any other material on any part of the glove system.

Any suggesting would be greatly appreciated. I dread getting out of the water because I know what a hassle it will be to remove my stinking gloves. Ug!

Thanks!!

Remove the whole system entirely and get the Diving Concepts system. They absolutely blow away the SI Tech. Easy on easy off. Takes me about 2 seconds on each arm! As a matter of fact, I was kicking out today and I realized that my equalization tube was caught in the ring seal. I was able to easily remove the glove, fix the problem and re snap them on the surface in the water. Just great!

http://www.divingconcepts.com/link1.htm

Also, I HATE the way that "nut" on the gloves crosses the theads. HATE that. Pain is the A_ _ ! I forget who did it but God bless whoever turned me on to the DC gloves!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom