Reg Svc $122, did I get robbed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY01SHADOW:
Hey Guys:

I just got back from a LDS where I picked up mine and my wife's regulators from annual service. Total cost for two regs/octos $244! Did I get screwed or is that an average cost.

Bought the regs last year from LP, but the shop didn't know that. Also, according to LP, Dacor parts aren't included in warranties even from an authorized retailer. $60 labor+$62 parts/setup seems a little ridiculous to me. I asked why so much and the shop owner just told me Dacor parts are expensive?

Appreciate your input.

Mike

WOW $62.00 for O-rings per set! Even if they had to replace the diaphrams and all of the balanced second stage parts it still seems high.

I had two set of regs serviced early this year:

Dual Sherwood Maximus $54.00 total

Scubapro G250/MK20 and R190 $65.00 total

I need to service a G250/MK10 and AIR2 later this year...should be around $60-$70

Please get a price quote next time you get your setups serviced...

Just picked up my Aqua Lung Legend rig with ABS octo from its Annual service today from the LDS I purchased from last year. $45 total. Included 3 parts at no charge (I'm assuming o-rings and diaphragm). 1st and 2nd stages tested and my Oceanic ProPlus2 checkout.

but then again you did have to pay for all the parts and labor. Unfortunately, most dive shops have to make a profit to stay open. Gee, what a novel idea, a for profit dive shop. Think it might catch on? :eyebrow:

MY01SHADOW:
Hey Guys:

I just got back from a LDS where I picked up mine and my wife's regulators from annual service. Total cost for two regs/octos $244! Did I get screwed or is that an average cost.

Bought the regs last year from LP, but the shop didn't know that. Also, according to LP, Dacor parts aren't included in warranties even from an authorized retailer. $60 labor+$62 parts/setup seems a little ridiculous to me. I asked why so much and the shop owner just told me Dacor parts are expensive?

Appreciate your input.

Mike

.......well, for comparison, one of my LSD's charges $ 65.00 for an 'annual' ( one 1st stage, two 2nd stages) ...and for my Mares regs add about $ 15.00 for parts......so that totals $ 80.00 ( and I did not buy my regs from this shop. )

......so you paid about 50% more than my shop charges, but perhaps it's worth it if they provide you fast, quality service.......my LDS is great about doing special requests and offering expedited service to meet a dive trip rush deadline.........so if you have a good relationship with them perhaps you didn't get ripped off.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom