Reg Svc $122, did I get robbed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY01SHADOW

Reaction score
Hey Guys:

I just got back from a LDS where I picked up mine and my wife's regulators from annual service. Total cost for two regs/octos $244! Did I get screwed or is that an average cost.

Bought the regs last year from LP, but the shop didn't know that. Also, according to LP, Dacor parts aren't included in warranties even from an authorized retailer. $60 labor+$62 parts/setup seems a little ridiculous to me. I asked why so much and the shop owner just told me Dacor parts are expensive?

Appreciate your input.

Mike

MY01SHADOW:
Hey Guys:

I just got back from a LDS where I picked up mine and my wife's regulators from annual service. Total cost for two regs/octos $244! Did I get screwed or is that an average cost.

Bought the regs last year from LP, but the shop didn't know that. Also, according to LP, Dacor parts aren't included in warranties even from an authorized retailer. $60 labor+$62 parts/setup seems a little ridiculous to me. I asked why so much and the shop owner just told me Dacor parts are expensive?

Appreciate your input.

Mike
We just paid about the same amount for my wife's Aqualung Legend. Our regular LDS refused to service them because of their internet purchase, but the other LDS did it with no issues (and did a great job). They do charge a hefty mark up on the rebuild kits.

mike, were all four regs Dacor?

i have two first stages and two second stages, and the annual mainteance
and replacement of parts was $70 for both. so if i had two sets, that
would be $140

$244 seems way too much

H2Andy:
mike, were all four regs Dacor?

i have two first stages and two second stages, and the annual mainteance
and replacement of parts was $70 for both. so if i had two sets, that
would be $140

$244 seems way too much

Yep, all Dacor. Two 1st stages, two second stages and 2 octos. It looks the the parts were 12.95 ea for ea 1st stage and $28.95 each for each octo.

I think that the labor rate was fair, it's the parts I don't understand. I was expecting the bill to be about $150 + tax. I'll definitely check out the other 3 shops here next time and get a total cost before I take them in.

Mike

Did they use christobube or vaseline?

It appears to me that you have been punished. Lesson 1 - determine the price in advance. Lesson 2 - Find a new DS.

Check out js1scuba on this board. He services many brands. His site:
http://www.techdivinglimited.com

Had my Legend LX's done for $40.00 parts were included. Checked other lds and they were getting $70.00 w/parts, $122 seems a bit steep.

I don't know the price for Dacor parts, but using Zeagle as an example (just cause I know the prices) for a reg service that is not getting free warranty parts:

Cost per stage = $30 - in your case, 2 first stages, 2 second stages, and 2 octos = $180
2 first stage part kits MSRP $24.15 = $48.30
4 second stage parts kits MSRP $13.65 = $54.60

Total to have Zeagle service your regs = $282.90 + shipping.

Now keep in mind that we do not WANT to do the service. We would prefer that you take them to your local dive shop, thus the possible "higher per stage" price.

However, hopefully you can use this for comaprison....or not. :wink:

Sounds a bit high to me... my old Genesis reg is $85 per service and I threw a fit about that! Glad I switched to Mares so my buddy/hubby can service it for me for free! (is anything ever REALLY free?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom