Reg Hose Length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
I find that the regulator is always fighting me to get off my mouth due to the "KINK" on the hose. This tired my jaw as i always have to fight it in order not to drop the REG.

Should i go with Longer or Shorter Hose ???

My LDS also told me that they have a intermediate device between the hose and the Reg that allows the thing to swivel/bend 360 degree ??? IS this another point of failure ?? Is this device recommended ???

i dont have any, its the LDS that we use at the pool

The swivel is a failure point. Personally, I would go with a 7foot hose, and you will have no problems at all with it pushing or pulling. If your current setup is pulling to your right, then get a longer hose, if it is pushing to your left, get a shorter hose.

This is another advantage about breathing the long hose. I find the routing completely eliminated any kind of stress on my mouth from the regulator.

For OW that'd be a 5' hose minumum, if you're diving a cannister or a Halcyon pocket, 7'.

Roak

Only if it is not stowed properly. If you are weraing a cannister light or pocket, loop it under that. If you are not wearing one, slide the extra into your webbing across your waist. Make it snug around your neck, but loose enough where you can mover your head in all directions.

I have a Halcyon "pocket" on my rig (no canister) and route the hose under that.

I've had zero trouble with it deciding that it had a mind of its own and trying to take off on me.

I find that setup WAY more comfortable than any OW rig. I'll never go back to a short primary hose - the difference in terms of comfort (no push OR pull) is night and day.

I have it (7' hose) routed down my right side, under the DR weight pocket, across waist, up my left side ..... I think I know why it want to float over my head.... I have the hose behind my left arm instead of in front.

Sound right? :confused:

Try down the right side, around the pouch, up your chest IN FRONT of your arms, around the back of your neck and into your mouth.

Works fine and, for me at least, has no tendency to float up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom