Reef Sweep and Beach Cleanup June 12 '04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLL Diver:
Ok it's time again for the Annual Ocean Watch Clean Up. Mike, Jenny, Juan and I all took part last year and felt it very worthwhile. Not only were we doing our part to improve things, but we had a great dive under the Anglin Pier on Commercial. Tons of junk was recovered, including dentures, cell phones and a hand gun.

The dive locations for this year haven't been confirmed yet, but the Ocean Watch website mentions both the Pompano Beach and Dania Beach piers as possibilites.

We can always plan a get together for afterwards.

http://www.oceanwatch.org/reefsweep.htm

Marc

CAn you give me all the info on this someone so I can post it on my scuba club's website? I am doing the Great Annual Fish Count Survery in July. If I can get down there and anyone from the club can we would love to help?

beachdivequeenbelam:
CAn you give me all the info on this someone so I can post it on my scuba club's website? I am doing the Great Annual Fish Count Survery in July. If I can get down there and anyone from the club can we would love to help?

Go to the oceanwatch website, they have all the info. The info that is not posted up there is that a few of us have rooms at the Villamar about a half mile from the Pompano Beach pier where we'll be gathering for clean up. WildBill and I are going over on Friday and will be there through the weekend.

If you can make it down, very cool! If not, we'll probably make it across again in July for the Fish count.. though I'm terrible at counting fish :D

CBulla:
Go to the oceanwatch website, they have all the info. The info that is not posted up there is that a few of us have rooms at the Villamar about a half mile from the Pompano Beach pier where we'll be gathering for clean up. WildBill and I are going over on Friday and will be there through the weekend.

If you can make it down, very cool! If not, we'll probably make it across again in July for the Fish count.. though I'm terrible at counting fish :D

Cool
Thanks

Funny thing about that. We were supposed to leave the dock at 0800, hit the water NLT 0900, be back at docks by 1030 to 1100. Currents at 0830 through almost noon were 8-12kts. The marker flags were under water by 6'... we could see them, the water was VERY clear. Suddenly, near noon time, the flags just show up out of the water! Well, we wasted no time getting in and doin the job, however, the adverse side effect was we sat on boats that are made for flats fishing and had very little cover for.. oh, 3.5hrs and finally getting in way later than expected. You can bet we were HUNGRY too..

Dixie Divers in The Cove Shopping Plaza in Deerfield Beach is going to be cleaning up under the Deerfield Beach Pier. This will be the first time that the pier has been closed for the cleanup to take place. Anyone interested in helping contact Pavan owner of Dixie Divers 954-420-0009.
The Cove is located at Hillsboro Blvd and the Intercoastal Bridge.

Suzanne

i will be with you all in spirit

(while my butt is taking a motorcycle safety class over the weekend)

hehe I think they should be contacting us.. we're going to probably be the largest group there :D Ya'll ready to really show off SB in force?! BTW, anyone contact Publix for some citrus bags yet?

scbababe:
Oh no :11: , Fearless Leader, say it isn't so.. that is not you wearing the Dr. Zeus hat!!... and what, no wet suit? :11: Are you one of those nude divers? Kind of reminds me of an old fairy tale "The Emperor Has No Close On" . My Fearless Leader, I kinda' pictured you with a Superman wet suit from top to bottom and yes ,with the "S" on it, for (Scubaboard). I also pictured you DIR, streamlined with fully operational sausages in all colors oh...say it isn't so!!! :frown3:

You have GOT to send me that one...

beachdivequeenbelam:

BDQB, we'd love to have you join us for the cleanup. It looks to be quite the event. When this group gets together, things tend to get pretty interesting.

This one will be especially fun, as it looks like we've got divers from several different geographic pockets converging to dive and hang out together. Looks like we'll easily get four or five dives in on Saturday.

Hope to see you there.

Best wishes and many safe ascents,
Grier

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom