Vessel Red Sea LOB sinks, all rescued

This Thread Prefix is for incidents related to one or more vessels from kayaks to ships.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to find myself a far away corner and just give it a good cry, just too much for me to bear this sadness to hear that you two aren't coming to dive in the Red sea. I am totally heart broken.
Too funny! LOL
I traveled extensively in that region back 30-40 years ago, as a tourist and combat soldier.

A few years ago, I went rock climbing for 3 weeks just east of Aqaba on the Red Sea. I had a Bedouin guide who trained in classic French Alp technique. We lived in Bedouin camps and climbed and rappeled ancient Bedouin routes.

I've had enough. There are a million other places to go diving without all the baggage that comes with that region.

Too funny! LOL
I traveled extensively in that region back 30-40 years ago, as a tourist and combat soldier.

A few years ago, I went rock climbing for 3 weeks near Aqaba on the Red Sea. I had a Bedouin guide who trained in classic French Alp technique. We lived in Bedouin camps and climbed and rappeled ancient Bedouin routes.

I am glad that you took as a joke. I was concerned that you may take it seriously and get offended.

There are a million other places to go diving without all the baggage that comes with that region.

You can come and dive with me here in Libya, it will be lots of fun :p

I am sure that millions upon millions of people are heart broken to hear this. Might as well close the region and all goes home.

I am going to find myself a far away corner and just give it a good cry, just too much for me to bear this sadness to hear that you two aren't coming to dive in the Red sea. I am totally heart broken.
Whoa! Like @Doc Harry , I've dived that area extensively. Dahab, Sharm, Ras Muhammed, Aqaba and Eilat. Started there in 1977 and have dived regularly since then. I just have no desire to go back again. I think you misinterpreted our (at least my) intent. Big planet - too many destinations still unexplored.

Tell the locals to stop crying.

Whoa! Like @Doc Harry , I've dived that area extensively. Dahab, Sharm, Ras Muhammed, Aqaba and Eilat. Started there in 1977 and have dived regularly since then. I just have no desire to go back again. I think you misinterpreted our (at least my) intent. Big planet - too many destinations still unexplored.

Tell the locals to stop crying.

You haven't seen areas south of Hurghada, Marsa Alam and further south.

My statement above still stands no matter your reasons for not coming back :p

You can come and dive with me here in Libya, it will be lots of fun :p
There was once a time when I safely traveled around North Africa, from Kenya, through Somalia, Egypt, and across to Morocco. Tunisia was my favorite. The beaches in Libya and Egypt in the border area are some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Though I like tropical beaches with swaying palm trees, I also love the desert beaches.

There was once a time when I safely traveled around North Africa, from Kenya, through Somalia, Egypt, and across to Morocco. Tunisia was my favorite. The beaches in Libya and Egypt in the border area are some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Though I like tropical beaches with swaying palm trees, I also love the desert beaches.

I hope that one day soon Libya will become a functioning state again and I can invite you to dive here. So much to see and to discover. It isn't just the diving but also the antiquities all over the country.

Come to South Africa if you want to see beautiful beaches. I grew up with a decision to make before diving: Warm Indian or cold Atlantic. Warm meant more sharks so it wasn’t always an easy decision!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom