Recreational Pony Bottles, completely unnecessary? Why or why not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is really the point. which the OP refuses to discuss. He'd rather argue that the free-flow should not happen.
I often notice you might be wrong and clearly a troll at this point. My argument is Pony Bottles should not be recommended for new divers. That's it. I then give examples for why they are worthless, and all you can find is red herring arguments like equipment choices, ascent rates, free flows. et al., because you cannot debate my actual reasoning.

Right here and now, prove to me why a pony bottle is a better tool than Minimum Gas Calculations and accurate dive planning and skills practice for a new diver.

Nope, that's not it. However, my comment concludes I take care of my equipment. The fact that folks are having "many" free flow incidents concerns me and leads me to ask two questions:

1. What first and second stages are they using?

2. What is their maintenance cycle on said equipment?
So the various freeflows I have been party to were club Oceanics of some sort, cold water rated and serviced annually (i don’t want to be explaining not having proper servicing to a coroner), a ScubaPro Mk25 - don’t know the service history of that but the person seems to be on top of their kit, and an Apeks ATX/DS4 which was actually user error due to misuse of the little knob.

We only use the Oceanics in the pool now.

Stuff happens in the real world. Newly serviced kit is probably the most dangerous, you want to bet on the service technician never making a mistake?

I often notice you might be wrong and clearly a troll at this point. My argument is Pony Bottles should not be recommended for new divers. That's it. I then give examples for why they are worthless, and all you can find is red herring arguments like equipment choices, ascent rates, free flows. et al., because you cannot debate my actual reasoning.

Right here and now, prove to me why a pony bottle is a better tool than Minimum Gas Calculations and accurate dive planning and skills practice for a new diver.
You might wish to review Tursiops credentials because right now you are making an ass of yourself.

This is really the point. which the OP refuses to discuss. He'd rather argue that the free-flow should not happen.
There are times when you just have to give up, like arguing with a conspiracy theoris, their minds are closed off to any logic beside their own.

You might wish to review Tursiops credentials because right now you are making an ass of yourself.
I'm still waiting for his reply. Do you want to take a stab at it after insulting me?
prove to me why a pony bottle is a better tool than Minimum Gas Calculations and accurate dive planning and skills practice for a new diver

There are times when you just have to give up, like arguing with a conspiracy theoris, their minds are closed off to any logic beside their own.
Feel free to answer the question:
prove to me why a pony bottle is a better tool than Minimum Gas Calculations and accurate dive planning and skills practice for a new diver

I'm still waiting for his reply. Do you want to take a stab at it after insulting me?
It has been pointed out by myself and many others on this thread and I no longer wish to waste my time. It is a bit like arguing with a Moonie.

Feel free to answer the question:
Can’t prove it to you more is more, do you dive with more second stages than you need? More cutting equipment, two fins, spare mask?

It has been pointed out by myself and many others on this thread and I no longer wish to waste my time. It is a bit like arguing with a Moonie.
I have yet to see this question answered. You haven't. You all have tried to debate my dive plan with ascent rates and everything else under the sun, but you have yet to tell me why a pony bottle is a better choice than proper dive planning and skills practice for a new diver.

I often notice you might be wrong and clearly a troll at this point. My argument is Pony Bottles should not be recommended for new divers. That's it. I then give examples for why they are worthless,

The other thread was actually about new divers, if you read the second post you will see that I think a pony for a new diver is a bad idea, but that does not make them worthless when they are appropriate.
and all you can find is red herring arguments like equipment choices, ascent rates, free flows. et al., because you cannot debate my actual reasoning.

I think that ascent rates, things that cause issues and equipment choices are actual reasoning. If the chances of a failure were zero why have minimum gas? Can’t we just use all the gas and get out with 10 bar? Save on that pesky second regulator? AS ascent training?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom