Reccomendations on advanced training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
Just whom are you threatening and with what? You’re going to sue over opinions that are clearly stated as opinions? Unless you're a sock puppet too you don't have legal standing.

Im not threatening anyone...the point was people should be careful of the acquisations they toss around in a public forum unless they have first hand knowledge its nothing but heresay and can get you sued for slander or some such thing.

Well... I don't blame Kaz for gettin' her dander up. What did you expect? Whether you meant to or not, Thal, you have insulted her friends... our friends, too. You shouldn't be surprised that we've circled the wagons.

Thalassamania:
Tina posted raves about her workplace while omitting mention of her affiliation. That’s proven. Tina denies sock puppeting, claims to have used just one account, which is clearly not true. The upper management of Scuba Sciences Inc has chosen to remain mum on her actions.
What part of her Scuba Sciences Avatar didn't you notice? :confused:

Afaik Tina has never represented herself here as anyone else.

btw, she is "upper management" she's one of their store managers.

sjspeck:
What part of her Scuba Sciences Avatar didn't you notice? :confused:

Afaik Tina has never represented herself here as anyone else.

btw, she is "upper management" she's one of their store managers.
As I allready stated, sorry ... wrong manager, it was "Missy."

Oops. I missed that...

Stephen Ash:
Well... I don't blame Kaz for gettin' her dander up. What did you expect? Whether you meant to or not, Thal, you have insulted her friends... our friends, too. You shouldn't be surprised that we've circled the wagons.
And ya'll hold your friends blameless or do you apply some standard of honest behavior. Is it an insult for me to point unethical behavior that's right out in the open? And once again we are not talking about the regulator, we're talking about the clacking and the sock puppets.

So this makes 3 threads now...

The OP has been answered. This purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. Rather than continuing with this to produce another 300 post thread, can we just finish it here? Thal has apologized for mistaking Tina for Missy. Thal's other opinions are just that - opinions, shared by some, not shared by others.

It appears that Scuba Sciences has made an effort over the past few weeks to refrain from posting for one reason or another. Whatever it is, let's just drop it. Maybe a MOD can close this thread since it's purpose has been served. I think yoginidiver would agree and approve.

I'm going back to Garrett's poll thread. I just thought of a forum name.

Dive-aholic:
So this makes 3 threads now...

The OP has been answered. This purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. Rather than continuing with this to produce another 300 post thread, can we just finish it here? Thal has apologized for mistaking Tina for Missy. Thal's other opinions are just that - opinions, shared by some, not shared by others.

It appears that Scuba Sciences has made an effort over the past few weeks to refrain from posting for one reason or another. Whatever it is, let's just drop it. Maybe a MOD can close this thread since it's purpose has been served.
Seconded.

Thalassamania:
And ya'll hold your friends blameless or do you apply some standard of honest behavior. Is it an insult for me to point unethical behavior that's right out in the open? And once again we are not talking about the regulator, we're talking about the clacking and the sock puppets.

Yes... I have no doubt our friends are blameless. Most of the ones I am talking about rarely even post here. And they certainly have nada to do with the " clacking and the sock puppets." Nevertheless, I feel as though you have insulted them... at least with your guilt by association comments. Even though I suspect that they will not respond, I do imagine that they have been offended.

Thalassamania:
How could you possibly do that? She lies. Bold face lies. I couldn’t possibly let her anywhere near any one I care about.
Her shop management and business philosophy aside. Once again I have first hand knowledge I'm here, I know, I know her, she is very personable, nice person, and by all accounts a heck of a child-teen instrcutor and runs some tight programs for the same. I guess I'm able to seperate the two.

Thalassamania:
I don’t doubt that. But there’s an old saying, “When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.” Perhaps it is wrong to paint them all with the same brush. You say that there are some great instructors there who can do good well, and I have to believe you. Perhaps these incidents will help them to see whom it is that they work for and encourage them to find an employer who is more worth of their excellent skills.
Well guilt by association is never a great way to look at anyone and Yes, you are wrong to "paint them all with the same brush".

It's always said on this board it's not the shop or the agency but the Instructor you choose. That advice should hold true to these instructors as well, shouldn't it?

-Garrett

Back
Top Bottom