Rebuild a Conshelf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And as a suggestion: Never try to remove an old Conshelf XIV exhaust cover. The old rubber gets really hard and stiff with age and frequently cracks if you try to remove it. And if you do get it off without cracking it, it's almost impossible to get back on.
Unless, of course, you soak the exhaust T in very hot water for a few minutes. Still a bit of a pain but I've never failed to remove or install one this way. There are, however, some that are so old and brittle there is no hope for them. My 2psi. 😎

Thanks, GJC. That looks like just about the only reasonably priced item of Aqua Lung kit they stock! How about $900 for a new Con 14? 😱 I’ll get with Rob as he services my backup 1085 second and ask whether he thinks I should replace it.. I’ll just be using this as a octo on rare occasions, but I might just go ahead and get a couple while they’re out there. Thanks again.
🐸

Thanks, GJC. That looks like just about the only reasonably priced item of Aqua Lung kit they stock! How about $900 for a new Con 14? 😱 I’ll get with Rob as he services my backup 1085 second and ask whether he thinks I should replace it.. I’ll just be using this as a octo on rare occasions, but I might just go ahead and get a couple while they’re out there. Thanks again.
🐸
The new Con 14 is listed with or without the environmental seal (Supreme). However, I show that either model is ''out of stock." Would be interesting to know if Amron or anyone can still get a new Con 14. Not that I would buy one at that price. If they can't, might give some indication if AL is going to continue to make parts kits. Nonetheless, how many thousands of these are still in service?

The new Con 14 is listed with or without the environmental seal (Supreme). However, I show that either model is ''out of stock." Would be interesting to know if Amron or anyone can still get a new Con 14. Not that I would buy one at that price. If they can't, might give some indication if AL is going to continue to make parts kits. Nonetheless, how many thousands of these are still in service?
American Diving and Marine Supply show the Conshelf 14 in stock as standard, supreme, or just 1st stage. No kits or parts shown.

Shows in stock for the second stage service kit. Don't know anything about them.

Shows in stock for the second stage service kit. Don't know anything about them.
Amron has them too.... but, if you do your own 90% of the time all you need is a -14 O-ring and a basic hockey puck seat (9/32 punch and a sheet of rubber will last forever).

I would suspect so, with the original KM super flows being modified Conshelfs made by AL for KM

Just tried to order that “reasonably priced exhaust T from Amron. Apparently a small order isn’t a good idea… the UPS shipping charge for the T was twice the cost of the T itself. 😱
oh well, it was a good idea while it lasted!
🐸

Back
Top Bottom