Rebuild a Conshelf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this chapter of my adventure is drawing to an end. Fortunately I had the foresight to check my AIR2 as I got my gear together and unlike my ConshelfXIV, the AIR2 was so badly deteriorated inside that @rsingler said it really would be more trouble than it was probably worth to repair, but proposed a working alternative so I’m good to go. It’s great that we have so much knowledge and talent on this particular forum and people willing to help when needed. 😁

Now I just have to gather up the rest of my gear, finish making travel arrangements and hang on until June. Nassau here I come! Thanks to all who have made my return to diving possible, being a vintage diver with vintage gear! 👍
🐸

Well, this chapter of my adventure is drawing to an end. Fortunately I had the foresight to check my AIR2 as I got my gear together and unlike my ConshelfXIV, the AIR2 was so badly deteriorated inside that @rsingler said it really would be more trouble than it was probably worth to repair, but proposed a working alternative so I’m good to go. It’s great that we have so much knowledge and talent on this particular forum and people willing to help when needed. 😁

Now I just have to gather up the rest of my gear, finish making travel arrangements and hang on until June. Nassau here I come! Thanks to all who have made my return to diving possible, being a vintage diver with vintage gear! 👍
🐸
Perhaps I can persuade your interest towards a Zeagle version of the AIR2:

I would entertain a reasonable offer.

-Z

Thanks for the offer Zef, but I’m already committed to the AIR2 for this trip. I’ve got to quit searching and buying and fixing and go diving! I’ve got the stuff I need, I just need to go get it all wet!
🐸

Thanks for the offer Zef, but I’m already committed to the AIR2 for this trip. I’ve got to quit searching and buying and fixing and go diving! I’ve got the stuff I need, I just need to go get it all wet!
🐸
While I have the utmost faith in Rob's work, no matter who works on your gear I recommend at least pool testing it prior to any trip. In the bathtub curve of equipment failures (which applies to everything from rockets to toasters to anything else you can imagine) the two highest points are when new (which applies to individual service parts as well as the equipment as a whole) and nearing end of service life.

Respectfully,

James

Thanks for the input James. To be honest I’ve never done this before… just get it serviced and go.:scubadiver:However, I just sent my old tank off for Hydro and when it comes back (full) I’ll try to get a little water time in. Fortunately, I’m scheduling an easy afternoon on my first day and will be able to make minor adjustments as needed before the next couple of days.

I found what was left of my PADI ID. It’s so faded it looks like I must be a vampire! I hope they’ll honor it at Stuart Cove’s! 🤞

🐸

I just received my order from Silent Explorers with basic Conshelf parts in a timely and efficient manner. SE offers complete rebuild kits for Aqua Lung, Poseidon, Apex, and Kraken DH regulators, plus A la carte parts. Prices are fair and they offer free shipping on many items. Stock up while you can.

Blue aftermarket Aqualung/Conshelf seats are back in stock at Scubagaskets! Not cheap at €14, but available.
Now your can complete your own aftermarket Conshelf service kit!

I’ve decided to reopen this thread as I have some more questions that linger on. I decided to “bite the bullet” and order a couple of exhaust Ts from Amron, letting the shipping be amortized between them and a few other parts. They no longer list them...ARRGH! I’ll have to “depend on the kindness of strangers” like @James79 for 3D prints or find a new source for old original parts. Vintage Double Hose had them, but I can’t fin out where or if his parts are being sold now, and I have an email in to Rob at the Scuba Museum, but he didn’t sound hopeful.

Sooooo, does anybody have a source they’re willing to share for the push on style rubber exhaust Ts for the Conshelf XIV et al? I’d happily accept the earlier (short wing) or later swept back style.

As always, thanks in advance for any help!
🐸

I have a Conshelf 22 sitting around if it's the same part you are welcome to have the second stage. I can look. You provide shipping.
IMG_20200109_180626.jpg

Thanks for the offer, @larsdennert, but at this point I’m looking for the exhaust T from the previous (metal) generation of seconds… I’ve been told that it’s possible to somehow fit the T from earliest plastic boxes, but have had no luck so far Fitting the one I have. Again, thanks for your generous offer.
Best regards,
Froggie 🐸

Back
Top Bottom