• Search engine, beyond page 2

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No dive prices, I email the dive centre

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No dive prices, I ignore this company

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divewench1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When you are searching for a new dive destination/dive centre, using a search engine, do you search beyond page 2?

also, if you check a website and the daily diving prices are not showing, would you take the time to email for this information or strike them off your list of choices?

Customer research, thanks guys

Voted.

I will search a few (2-3) pages for different companies.

If they don't have a pricelist, they don't get my direct attention, but I can make an estimation of probable prices from other websites.

Last edited:
Voted.

I will search a few pages for different companies.

Thanks supergaijin, how far would you search? Beyond page 10?? or have you given up by that stage!

Statistically, if you don't rank in the top 3 (not top 3 pages, top 3 period), your traffic from search engines is virtually nonexistent. There's no reason why an LDS shouldn't rank for local terms in the top 3.

If I'm looking for a dive op in a place about which I know nothing, I'll start with the ones on Page 1. If I don't like what I see, I might go to page 2. I doubt I ever go further than that. The only time I drill down on a search is if I am looking for something very specific, and I don't know enough to call it up directly, but I'll know it if I see it.

I wouldn't contact a dive operator without prices unless I concluded they were the only one in the area where I was looking, or the only one offering services I specifically wanted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom