Suggestion Q about "banned" words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Warthaug

Warthaug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question about banned words here on SCUBAbaord - how exactly does a word get put on "the list". I understand putting profanity and whatnot on the list, but have been surprised by a few of the words which get starred out - certain 1940's-era German political movements for example.

Just curious...

Bryan

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask my actual question, is there a way to recommend words be removed from "the list"?

Last edited:
Split Fins
Air2
Force Fins
BCD
Solo

are all bad words here on ScubaBoard because I believe they will all guarantee you certain death according to some posters on here :rofl3: but I know how to type them so they do not appear as

:wink: I actually had never considered how words got banned but now thanks to you we will all know. Good thinking.

I understand putting profanity and whatnot on the list, but have been surprised by a few of the words which get starred out - certain 1940's-era German political movements for example.
That word got put on the list due to abuse by members who didn't know what they were referring to.

Feel free to refer to WWII-Germany, the NSDAP or any other relevant description.

In general, feel free to request removal of any banned word. Your request can always be reviewed.

I would like to request removal of the following words ...

*****, and

Thanks for your consideration ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That word got put on the list due to abuse by members who didn't know what they were referring to.

Ahh, its alway the few ruining things for the rest of us, isn't it.

Feel free to refer to WWII-Germany, the NSDAP or any other relevant description.

In general, feel free to request removal of any banned word. Your request can always be reviewed.

Well I'd like to recommend the word that I was obviously referring to be removed, although given the reasons for its banning I don't think I'm going to make much of a fuss about it...

Bryan

I would like to request removal of the following words ...

*****, and

Thanks for your consideration ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
You can also send them by email. :)

Ahh, its alway the few ruining things for the rest of us, isn't it.
That's generally the way it works ... 99% of the rules are written due to poor behavior from 1% of the population.

Well I'd like to recommend the word that I was obviously referring to be removed, although given the reasons for its banning I don't think I'm going to make much of a fuss about it...

Bryan
Most folks just get around it by substituting DIR anyway ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bitch
Ass
Mother****er
**** and ****

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom