Suggestion Q about "banned" words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Warthaug

Warthaug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question about banned words here on SCUBAbaord - how exactly does a word get put on "the list". I understand putting profanity and whatnot on the list, but have been surprised by a few of the words which get starred out - certain 1940's-era German political movements for example.

Just curious...

Bryan

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask my actual question, is there a way to recommend words be removed from "the list"?

Last edited:
If you do a preview of a post, you'll see which words are going to be censored, giving you the opportunity to use an alternative.

Lets test :D

a few more I think are censored...

**** -------> c word
***** ------> whor* word
**** -------> F bomb
*** --------> w.t.f. (w/o periods)
**** -------> sh**
****** -----> n word

odd you can say bitch but not w.h.o.r.e :rofl3:

a few domains that are censored

***************.com --------> scubaboard sucks dot com
diveforum.com ---------------> dive forum dot com (I could have sworn this was censored).
cdnn.net --------------------> cdnn dot net (well it's not, but shoudl be :rofl3)

If you do a preview of a post, you'll see which words are going to be censored, giving you the opportunity to use an alternative.

That would strip all the fun out though :D

Posted via Mobile Device

cdnn.net --------------------> cdnn dot net (well it's not, but should be :rofl3)
The fact that we blocked it gave it more publicity than it's worth. So, it was removed from the list.

The fact that we blocked it gave it more publicity than it's worth. So, it was removed from the list.

ok...... that makes sense... I thought it used to be "on the list".

Odd though that we censor the letters for w.t.f, but yet we have a w.t.f smiley

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/More Smiles/w-t-f.gif -->
w-t-f.gif

:popcorn:

Yup see post 14 in this thread :wink:

whoops... missed that... (didn't scroll back up earlier...) sorry!

What is cdnn.com?

Edit: Its net... Sorry.

Cyber Diver News Network..... they are a fake news service about diving. They take stories, plaugerize them, add lots of drama, and often add outright lies...

they are not to be trusted.....

I think about everyone here will agree with me on this....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom