Pressed Steel Status?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS is manufacturing a valve? I think they just put their label on the valve.

There is no reason PST will use OMS valve because they supply PST tanks under OMS name.

Before closing PST in WI, PST already supplied their inventory under OMS name. Even it was sold in LP.

The new PST brand E7 100 cf I saw in the LDS showroom (with the blue PST sticker) also had the same OMS valve on it. It may be that OMS is PST's exclusive valve supplier now, and that Thermo is out of the PST picture.

If you actually saw a PST E7-100 that was new, many people would LOVE to hear the details. I have no knowledge that they have made ANY cylinders in the past three years, despite that advertising claims. The HP80 cylinders are likely left over from blanks they had on hand when the company went bankrupt. Oh well.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

What I believe I saw was a new PST E7 100. It had the new "shiny" galvanized finish, and the matte finish "OMS" DIN/yoke valve, just like my new OMS E7 80.

The new PST E7 80, and the E7 100 were sitting together. The LDS said they just came in. I'll try to stop by the shop Tuesday and write down the hydro date of the 100. Maybe even get a picture...

The hydro date of my OMS E7 80 is 09/07 so I would expect the E7 100 hydro date to be later.

What I believe I saw was a new PST E7 100. It had the new "shiny" galvanized finish, and the matte finish "OMS" DIN/yoke valve, just like my new OMS E7 80.

The new PST E7 80, and the E7 100 were sitting together. The LDS said they just came in. I'll try to stop by the shop Tuesday and write down the hydro date of the 100. Maybe even get a picture...

The hydro date of my OMS E7 80 is 09/07 so I would expect the E7 100 hydro date to be later.

I'd love to see a photo of both... along with a closeup of the hydro dates.

(not calling you a liar, seriously, I'd like to see it)

Get us the Exemption/Special permit number.

The new Korea tanks are supposed to have a new one, where the old-stock 80s they have been finishing and selling are made unde the old Pressed Steel 9791 SP. Or something like that.

All that I have seen are the HP80 cylinders with the SP9791 permit. It is possible that some of these could have a hydro date of something/07, because the "blanks" had already been made under the old exemption number.

The way the Darlings crow about having cylinders for sale when they DON'T have them, I would expect if they have something "new" now, they would be screaming it from the roof tops. Oh well.

Phil Ellis
DiveSports.com

OK, here is what I found out today (the shop was closed on Wednesday)...

I called my LDS and talked to the owner (Bob) at B&B Diving in Hillsville, Pa. He said they received four E-7 80s and four E-7 100s from PST. The E7 100s are marked DOT-SP9791 with an original hydro date of 02-08. All tanks have the OMS style DIN/yoke valve (not the thermo DIN/yoke). One tank is on the show room floor and 3 are still boxed.

I have to take two of my 2003 E7 100 tanks over to the shop this weekend to have them hydro tested. I told Bob about out online conversation and he said if I bring my camera he will pull the other 3 tanks out of their boxes and we can photograph all four side by side. I'll post pictures ASAP.

Was it almost mirror-shiny like the old ones? How did the finish look?

The new PST E7 100 I saw (sitting next to my new E7 80) looked "Brite shiny" just like the finish on my new OMS/PST E7 80. The finish on the new tanks looks brighter than when my 2003 vintage E7 100s were new.

The new bright galvanized finish also looks a little "thicker" than on my older PSTs. It tends to fill the stamped tank markings a little bit.

Get us the Exemption/Special permit number.

The new Korea tanks are supposed to have a new one, where the old-stock 80s they have been finishing and selling are made unde the old Pressed Steel 9791 SP. Or something like that.

I remember the old thread that PST renewed the Exemption. Just out of curiosity, why can't the joint venture company use the same Exemption? I mean that the last renewal must have been done after being merged.

OK, here is what I found out today (the shop was closed on Wednesday)...

I called my LDS and talked to the owner (Bob) at B&B Diving in Hillsville, Pa. He said they received four E-7 80s and four E-7 100s from PST. The E7 100s are marked DOT-E9791 with an original hydro date of 02-08. All tanks have the OMS style DIN/yoke valve (not the thermo DIN/yoke). One tank is on the show room floor and 3 are still boxed.

I have to take two of my 2003 E7 100 tanks over to the shop this weekend to have them hydro tested. I told Bob about out online conversation and he said if I bring my camera he will pull the other 3 tanks out of their boxes and we can photograph all four side by side. I'll post pictures ASAP.

Thanks for your update.

So, how much is your LDS asking for 100cf? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom