Pre-dive rituals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darcy:
A Patent? Doesn't everybody dive with rocks in their BC? Man, I am getting old. Prehistoric even. I put my keys in Mat's truck or on top of the rear tire of my car. (Let the thieves try to guess which one, HA HA!)

I've seen a few people even dive with rocks in their head, not just their BCs! :)

Reviving an old thread here... any pre-dive rituals you have (other than standard gear & buddy check, etc) that might be a little different or 'odd'?

I have 2 things I do before every dive: While rinsing my mask, I scoop up some water and snort it through my nose... this way, I'm acclimated in case of an underwater mask removal... my sinuses are becoming pretty much bulletproof :)
The 2nd thing I do, right before water entry, is to say (to myself) the astronaut's prayer.

~m

The Navy Hymn:

Eternal Father, Strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bid'st the mighty Ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
O hear us when we cry to thee,
for those in peril on the sea.

--then a Shinto Bow & Clap twice sequence (especially when diving in Truk Lagoon or Peleliu). . .and right before jumping in --"The Astronauts' Prayer":wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom